Non-Political Ranting: Unleash Your Anger ITT

Oh yeah Superbowl. I’m watching with two friends who had covid already and two who are supposedly super careful. Lots of air movement. YOLO

1 Like

Tahoe has got dumped on recently my friend told me. Another friend flew from Texas to ski there and looks like he had a blast. Jealous.

1 Like

lol

sitting down and then IMMEDIATELY having to pee

fuck you bladder or the possibly enlarged prostate that may kill me one day

Facebook trying to trick me into sharing stuff to “my story”. Share to my News Feed is under More Options. FUCK MY STORY. I never ever ever want to share to my story.

They got me the first 2 or 3 times. And then it’s damn near impossible to find your story to delete it if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

And goddammit holy hell if a certain poster shows up and says he just doesn’t understand why this would annoy me, it makes perfect sense, and it’s super easy and intuitive to find your story that you never use to delete stuff - I WILL BURN THIS WHOLE MFER TO THE GROUND

1 Like

nah dude fuck facebook

I just ate a ban for the most harmless insult ever. Meanwhile they let blatantly racist and misogynistic content exist all throughout the site completely unmodded.

fuuuuuck facebook

2 Likes

On the subject of annoying stuff tech companies do, how about this one from Netflix:

thanx-netflix

I got a good laugh at the farcically small “fine print.” I mean it’s like it’s a parody of “fine print” except it’s for real. (In case you can’t read it under the OK button it says See Other Choices in microscopic font).

What are your other choices?

And I guarantee you some poor fucking UI designer or something wanted to make it reasonably sized until some product manager started waving his dick around yelling about how if it’s too large it’s gonna mess with some bullshit company metric (read: $$$$$$$$$)

I am honestly so thankful that what I do (infrastructure) rarely ever comes close to the business side. I couldn’t stand that shit.

Can I now rant about people who tell me to delete Facebook when I get clear benefits from it in terms of connections and resources which would be impossible to replace?

Youtube has done at least as much damage if not more. FB is the gateway drug to radicalization. Youtube is the deal closer.

How about you delete your Youtube and I’ll delete my Facebook? Or is it different when it’s something you actually get a lot of utility out of?

1 Like

The other choices were the other plans. I think the cheaper one was “SD” streaming and one watcher, the middle one (this one) is HD and two watchers, and the expensive one was 4K and like three or four watchers.

Or if you want to bail entirely you can click on the link in the other line of micro text.

Really their plan tiers are fine but I thought the giant

OK

was comical above the tiny

See Other Choices

text.

It’s kind of how like I eat beef sometimes but know it’s actually a bad decision for the earth that I’m eating it. It’s such a marginal decision that has such little real impact either way if I stop eating it or not, but if everyone stopped, yea we’d probably be better off.

The problem is beef (facebook) is fuckin delicious.

I’m coming back to publicly apologize for my response to your post. I know from your previous posting that you do get value from Facebook, and if I had thought about my post for two seconds before firing it in I would have known that it wasn’t going to accomplish anything but pissing you off. Sorry.

1 Like

No problem. It didn’t really piss me off that much I just wanted to make my clever point about youtube that I’ve been holding onto for the right moment. :D

2 Likes

So I’m driving from TN to MI. My truck is a POS, so I’m renting a car today. Enterprise won’t let me park their car there. Fine, whatever. I’ll take an Uber. Uber won’t pick me up because apparently I’m out of area. So I gotta walk 2 miles to the closest intersection and get picked up from there.

Living in rural America fucking sucks. Internet sucks. Having to drive 10 min to the nearest grocery store sucks. Not having trash pick up sucks. No wonder people out in the sticks are fucking miserable.

2 Likes

I liked your initial response as it was correct. Not liking this one.

I know people get utility out of these platforms but they’re awful and people should stop using them.

2 Likes

It’s bullshit that getting banned from Twitter doesn’t simply prevent you from posting/interacting but also costs you your feed. If I’m too much of an asshole to be trusted in comment sections, fine, no argument here, but cutting someone off from a valuable tool for learning about the world is some BS.

Maybe make lists and share them with a mult. Or do the lists also die?

Hey accounting textbook - can you be a little more clear about how the lessor is supposed to account for a sales-type lease when the residual value is guaranteed by the lesee? At one point, you say that the present value of the residual is deducted from sales revenue (and COGS) because the selling process isn’t complete for that portion of the asset. That logic would seemingly apply to both guaranteed and unguarantee residual. But then later you say that guaranteed residual value is included in revenue, and only unguaranteed residudal is deducted from revenue. What the hell?