‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

All I see is that Trump did a great job in 2020.

5 Likes

On Gladwell’s podcast he is doing a series on guns in America and the recent episode was about a point I had never thought of. Doctors in America are so good at treating gun shot wounds that it creates a false sense of how much gun violence there is in the states. Because the stats only measure deaths, and not people getting shot, if not for the huge advances in trauma medicine America would look way worse.

2 Likes

Also a side benefit of America spending a good chunk of the last 100 years fighting in wars.

1 Like

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – A Texas man accidentally shot a child while officiating a wedding in Lancaster County on Saturday, the sheriff’s office says.

Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said deputies were sent to a wedding at Hillside Events near Denton on a report of a gunshot wound.

Deputies learned that 62-year-old Michael Gardner, the wedding’s officiant, fired a gun to get everyone’s attention.

“He was going to fire in the air, and as he did that, it slipped and went off,” Houchin said.

ok full disclosure it was a blank but still

1 Like

Hey wait a minute…

https://x.com/TheMessenger/status/1708889622766403731?s=20

Aren’t European police not bastards? (Except the French police)

Definitely no ACAB movement in the Czech Republic but there’s definitely racial profiling going on. Cops not shooting people though. Pretty safe here.

So sorry for being so late to the party here.

There hasn’t been any real huge advances in trauma causing some sort of huge swing in the number of deaths, at least that I’m aware of. Furthermore, gun violence in America has been a big problem for quite some time. It’s not like this is suddenly new.

The biggest jump I’m aware of are principle’s learned from the Iraq War, which placed less emphasis on airway management, more emphasis using blood to resuscitate and tourniquet use.

No way this station is not getting some GeStaPo-related nickname…

I was taught the opposite. Although I’m sure my medical training was more intended to be a sadistic exercise in feeling pain rather than useful interventions, but around 2010 the Army stopped requiring everyone to place IVs in each other and started making us insert NPA tubes.

Well he wanted their attention…and boy did he get it!

To be fair this is something I’ve just been told by a few old timers, not something I know for sure. So I might be wrong despite this being in my wheelhouse professionally.

NPAs isn’t the airway intervention that I was thinking of. Used to be that polytrauma or penetrating trauma got paralyzed and a breathing tube if their GCS was 8 or lower. It’s still kind of the standard, but there’s a focus on resuscitation and stabilization of the blood pressure first.

The military does do seem cool things. I like this sternal IO demonstration (not for the faint of heart but not that gross) that can deliver massive amounts of fluid quickly.

Regardless, as the ER doc, trauma is pretty boring. Penetrating trauma is especially boring. My job is to keep the guy alive for long enough to get to the OR… and if they are dead before they get there there’s really not that much I can do to truly turn things around. Surgery has all the fun on those cases.

Complex medical resuscitations are way more fun and hairy.

Michael Gardner wanted to start his nephew’s wedding with a bang.

His plan involved shooting a blank from a revolver into the air to signal to the roughly 200 people gathered on Saturday that the outdoor ceremony, which he was officiating, was about to begin. But when Gardner cocked back the hammer of the gun, it slipped, and the homemade blank that he had used, which was closed off with glue, fired from the Pietta 1860 snub-nose revolver that he had borrowed, he said.

As the bride was about to walk down the aisle, what was supposed to be a day of love in Denton, Neb., turned into one of unexpected panic: The wedding officiant accidentally shot his 12-year-old grandson in the shoulder.

I would say this is an American thing, but I know quite a few rednecks and as far as I know none of them have used a gun at their wedding, but knowing America’s luck it’s a new trend.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/10/04/wedding-officiant-shoots-grandson-michael-gardner-nebraska/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJyZWFzb24iOiJnaWZ0IiwibmJmIjoxNjk2MzkyMDAwLCJpc3MiOiJzdWJzY3JpcHRpb25zIiwiZXhwIjoxNjk3Nzc0Mzk5LCJpYXQiOjE2OTYzOTIwMDAsImp0aSI6IjIwZWY3NmE1LWNiMzAtNDFmNy1hOGQ3LTBjMGQxZmJlYWZmZSIsInVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3N0LmNvbS9uYXRpb24vMjAyMy8xMC8wNC93ZWRkaW5nLW9mZmljaWFudC1zaG9vdHMtZ3JhbmRzb24tbWljaGFlbC1nYXJkbmVyLW5lYnJhc2thLyJ9.IztNC76aeBK5K6hqFwbjHLFOXm0_i9NQKcylnygVxLU

Not an American thing

"a handful of Yemenis say the government’s anti-gun campaigns are an affront to not only wedding traditions, but also to a deeply revered sense of autonomy among tribal and community leaders.

“Firing guns for celebrations has been a tradition passed on from father to son for generations,” said Abdullah Hassan, who has lived in Sanaa for the last six years, but grew up in a small village, where owning a gun is a symbol of social status and manhood. “Guns are a part of being Yemeni,” he said."

America:

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1709951644958392602?s=20

From the AP article he touts:

“Weapons can be brought into the Capitol if they are concealed and the person has a valid permit.”

Very smart.

I’m pretty sure this is just a false flag attempt by Soros using a 5G zombie.

Right to bare arms

:muscle:t3:

Active shooter in Lewiston, Maine. Reddit listening to the EMS scanners and reporting dozens of injuries and multiple fatalities. Not much publicly reported info yet.

They are saying at least 3 shooting scenes

2 Likes