‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - Gun Violence in America

I watch a lot of true crime stuff and this one case had three kids murder three other kids. The sheriff spends parts of two press conferences chastising people for blaming the gun.

We can’t even get a foundation of honesty about all these murders. I want to give that sheriff the choice of me being ten feet away with a gun or a knife and wanting to kill him. Which weapon does he choos for me?

3 Likes

If a guy is directly in front of you, 10 feet away with his gun holstered, you’d actually be able to stab him with a knife before he can draw, cock, aim, and shoot a gun at you.

2 Likes

Just gotta hope you’re not running at a Raylan Givens level shooter.

Ehhh maybe, but you’d still get shot. Stabbings a take a while. A gun shot does not

That 10 foot rule nonsense has cost so many lives … or however the quote goes.

This feels like it should go here

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (ValleyCentral) – Brownsville police say seven people are dead Sunday morning and it appears they were intentionally run over by a motorist.

The incident happened at 8:30 a.m. near Minnesota Road and North Bernal Road in front of the Ozanam Center, which is a shelter for migrants and homeless. The victims were sitting on the curb near a bus stop

I had a friend in high school with fairly advanced martial arts skills, and sometimes I’d pantomime threatening him with an object like a knife or a club, only to have him efficiently demonstrate how he’d disarm me.

When I’d pantomime holding a gun, he’d just reach into his pocket and pull out his wallet. He said it just wasn’t worth it.

1 Like

Yeah, but what if you had a holstered gun and were 10 ft away?

1 Like

This could have been much worse, just imagine if those people had run into a lethal mentally ill homeless person!

2 Likes

Homeless people are only homeless because their gun rights aren’t protected. We could solve homelessness if we handed out AR-15s to the homeless.

2 Likes

The insane part is this isn’t absurdist humour. I would bet a lot a bill like this gets tabled in the next year.

The gunman who opened fire on an outlet mall in a Dallas suburb Saturday, killing at least eight people, was a man in his early 30s who may have had white supremacist or neo-Nazi beliefs, people familiar with the investigation said Sunday.
Mauricio Garcia, a local resident, had multiple weapons on him and in his nearby car, said people familiar with the investigation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing probe.
Authorities have not released a motive, but a patch on his chest said “RWDS,” an acronym that stands for Right Wing Death Squad, according to people familiar with the investigation. The phrase is popular among right wing extremists, neo-Nazis and white supremacists, they said

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/05/07/texas-allen-outlets-shooting-dallas/

1 Like

That’s about as likely as bill protecting Black trans gun rights and self-defense rights

2 Likes

Right wing media really running up the body count this weekend.

In two days I’ve seen a video of an aftermath of a mass shooting with an assault rifle and the aftermath of a mass killing with a vehicle.

Not good.

OK I lol’ed

https://twitter.com/SLYProfessor/status/1655316141479264257?t=7c0W54SuuaQJMukF6EKKpg&s=19

13 Likes

Yeah, this.

Seems like the best thread

https://twitter.com/drvolts/status/1655321190549045248?s=61&t=PJ_nuTfUmHpusvvriNf7WA