New Moderator Confirmation Votes

meb has my full endorsement and I think he’ll be a good mod, for me as a user i really would like to just post and read without having to scroll through vicious spats

Gonna be a large mod team.

Gonna leave my votes as yes for everyone. Hopefully that is the right decision.

Best of luck to the new mods.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ll take a moment to admit I was wrong. In your RFC where you proposed rules for mods so they don’t go on a banning spree, I posited that moderator elections would sort that out and someone who ran on a campaign of permabanning people would not get elected with a 2/3 majority. That was…. clearly not correct.

2 Likes

:vince:

2 Likes

:vince2:

You’d think we would have learned something after the Keed shit show, but here we are.

What’s the over/under on how long meb lasts as a mod? 3 weeks?

74% of voters supported me issuing 10 year bans!

Thank you to everyone! Even those who voted against me!

Do I get to bet on this once the line is set?

Gotta be over 3 weeks just because of the lengthy RFC process to remove a mod.

1 Like

FYI, my plan will be to issue and announce bans on July 1st. I don’t think it would be fair to the outgoing mods to do it prior to the end of their terms, even if I am modded ahead of that date. I also plan to communicate with the full mod team too.

90+% of you are reading this post and have zero concern about being banned. That’s the way it should be. By delaying a week, it also gives the small number of people who think it might be them time to communicate prior to their removal from the site until 2032.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Happy Canada Day :canada:

1 Like

ftfy

1 Like

:monkey1:

The vitality model of former General Electric chairman and CEO Jack Welch has been described as a “20-70-10” system. The “top 20” percent of the workforce is most productive, and 70% (the “vital 70”) work adequately. The other 10% (“bottom 10”) are nonproducers and should be fired

:monkey2:

5 Likes

Can probably take down the banner now.

1 Like

@spidercrab @spideradmin @olink @anon46587892 @goreo

Could one of the administrators please add me and the other newly elected moderators to the moderator team at your convenience? This timing is based on the approved RFC for nominating and electing moderators, which I have quoted below.

Thanks

It’s almost like what I stated in private to the other mods matches exactly what I’ve said publicly on this forum, across multiple threads.

I stated clearly both publicly and in PM that how long is 10 years, how many is 5 or less, and why is for the best interest of the forum and allowing us all to have fun again. The only part of this statement that is accurate is who. And as I stated in PM, I would tell you all who as soon as mod powers were granted.

1 Like