New Moderation Policy: Posting personal information will get you permanently banned

You are all so close to a consensus. Keep up this fruitful and productive discussion guys!

I thought you were dead against people coming into conversations with zero content to add apart from trolling?

Oh, so you are aware that posting someone’s name with a few letters changed can still lead to finding them in a search.

Anything could potentially lead to almost anything unless your know Google’s search algo, which is why I tested it.

You’re nvg at this.

Google search results generally depend on the searcher’s location

I got results back for another poker player with the surname as typed, who is American.

Coincidentally, I received this email from DigitalOcean about 15 minutes ago, linking to their updated terms of service. Those terms include the following:

You may not use the Services for any unlawful or abusive purpose. Prohibited activities include:
[…]
Violent, Harassing, or Abusive Content. Content that incites or threatens violence against any person, promotes terrorism, is intended to harass, abuse or invade the privacy of any individual, creates a risk to the physical safety or health of any individual or to public safety or health, or that threatens or encourages harm on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, caste, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, serious disease or disability, or immigration status.

As the person whose name is on the DigitalOcean account for this site, and who is ultimately responsible for ensuring that we comply with these terms, I absolutely interpret AQ’s actions as violating those terms (I have seen the deleted information and confirmed the duck duck go search results), and I continue to agree with the mods that similar actions should result in a ban.

You may not like this point of view; some have already made it very clear in my PMs that they do not like this point of view. I will step down immediately as admin and treasurer as soon as the community identifies an acceptable replacement. But until that point, you are stuck with my view because it is my name that is linked to the site.

8 Likes

Wait, it isn’t hurtful, but calling him something he doesn’t want is dismissive of his opinions and tantamount to calling him a troll? So why don’t we encourage people not to do that?

Thank you for your service.

Will you be posting a summary of the kitty balance or statement of account before you leave?

I’ll treat this as a genuine question:
The new treasurer/admin will have access to all DigitalOcean and Patreon records, will receive a cash transfer from me for the amount that I owe to UP based the cumulative amounts I’ve received less payments I’ve made, and the amount of and the details behind that cash transfer will be posted.

So your opinion is that someone not on this forum took a screen shot of something said on this forum and posted it on FB? That’s a sneaky ■■■■ that’s for sure!

I don’t have an opinion about it and am against people smearing others without evidence of wrong doing.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

LMAO, you are going 10 rounds about how CS04 was referring to 6 but you don’t have an opinion about it. Right.

Did he type a=b there?

You don’t think it matters whether there are enough funds or not to pay for the services?

ok

I don’t have an opinion on who likely did it, but I do know it wasn’t 6ix.

I know this is hard for you but please try to keep up.

The drama will continue until Jalfrezi is banned.

Simple as that. Boundaries and expectations are what keep a community together, and allowing him to act like this will just insure more issues.

6 Likes

Fine, I’ll stop replying to these asinine questions.

bfn

How do you know?

1 Like