New Moderation Policy: Posting personal information will get you permanently banned

Man you are really losing your stuff. No references to current events trending on Twitter or semi famous people to reference even if it doesn’t make sense. I miss the old RAIDS that could at least bring it.

What hot topics could you have added to your last post?

Are there any trending topics on Twitter?

Where have your youtubez algorithm sent you lately? Any good current events that you can tie into your post?

Start asking yourself these questions before you post and you might discover that fastball that you lost.

1 Like

So far, it appears that “troll/ing” means “a person who is able and willing to participate in simple conversations and discussions and follow through with them to a reasonably satisfactory conclusion” but that definition feels incomplete. I await more input.

Ahem, @moderators

Also, that was a second time for Jal, who posted my personal info but nothing was done because there was the faintest fig leaf of cover to suggest it was an accident.

Hint: it wasn’t.

Well, jal seemed so recalcitrant after having been called out this time, so I’m sure he won’t do this for the 387th time.

2 Likes

Ah well, I’m sure one more ban will get through to Jal that this behavior is unacceptable. It’s not like he’s admitted that he’s doing it with the intent of driving his enemies away from this site. OH WAIT:

You all like to complain about moderation

1 Like

Mod’s big black boots steppin’

It’s a bit like the MAGAchuds. When you’ve never known oppression, not being able to type see you next Tuesday, is tyranny

Are you my type? :vince1:

I really don’t wade into these mod discussions, but can someone clear up this whole personal information with respect to where someone lives. If you post the country one lives in is that doxxing? The city? What if it’s a small city? Does it matter if the poster mentions it or how often they do? Is any of it written down somewhere? It is just mod discretion?

giphy

1 Like

It matters if the purpose is to be a dick and harass someone. Hope that helps.

Dickish post, careful…

There are no bright lines, it’s going to be based on context it was used. Speaking for myself, here is are some factors I consider:

1. Was the personal information brought up naturally in the conversation.
  2. How detailed is the information.
  3. Was it something that the person frequently mentions.
  4. Was the person bringing it up doing it in a friendly (or at least neutral) way or as part of an attack/against a forum enemy.

I think the general idea is if you’re going to be an ass and attack someone, don’t include non-pertinent personal information in your attack.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service.

2 Likes

This sho’ enough is a bizarre sight in the middle of this shiz

Oh it’s Friday

Greatest Hits time

Yeah. Best to just snip that in the bud. Available activities don’t have to include an ass whoopin’

I agree with the moderators but I assume the horsemen are upset they can’t keep trying to dox the people from the UK anymore

That’s the dumb drama update from your brain uh the thread needed. Get over it

More important shit going on than your boring trip. Believe it

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1687682382483136512

Yeah, a random twitter update is more important than……