New Moderation Policy: Posting personal information will get you permanently banned

Remember how mod rotation was always not being about removing Wookie until it passed and then all of the liars pushing for it celebrated?

2 Likes

Yeah that was a good example of sabotage. With mods being regularly rotated, it became easier to the group organized to be shitty to mods to get their way and even get someone who was sympathetic to their group.

It was pointed out at the time. At least we got SK as a mod though. That was funny.

1 Like

I remember how wookie’s default response to complaints about his moderation was to challenge people to remove him by a vote.

Right, and knowing that your side would never get what it wanted if they tried said vote instead came up with an entire system they argued for in bad faith.

Democracy!

1 Like

Yeah, turns out my modding was really popular.

1 Like

The forum community decided that rotating mods would mean more involvement for a wider number of posters while reducing the burden of moderation on individuals.

Don’t you remember how Being a mod or admin is intolerable, and this community is at a high risk of dying ?

The community also decided that people could stand for re-election to modship, which wookie did twice, failing on both occasions.

That’s a democratic process whether you like the outcome or not.

So popular that you failed to win re-election on two separate occasions, people already having been subjected to your moderation tactics for a long period.

Right!

I don’t know why you want to dig this up again - maybe take up another hobby like fishing or gardening.

“The community” in this case including people who had requested their accounts be deleted and people who haven’t posted on UP in over 2 years rushing back to vote and managing to get what they wanted by a single vote. Very glad that people with no intention of posting here have an equal say in our democratic process.

1 Like

Oh, so the election was stolen by fake votes.

Where have we heard that before?

The notable lack of substantive response while trying to link it to trump is exactly the troll you’d go for

If you go through the votes cast, as many did at the time, you’ll find a number of dubious votes for wookie’s side.

Again, no substance, all troll

Go through it for yourself instead of the usual Doubting Thomas shit.

You’re a basic sealioning troll wildly making things up. I’m not going to do your bidding when it doesn’t matter anyways

I couldn’t really care less what you do or don’t do, what you think or don’t think, or what you say or don’t say.

Except when it exposes racism or hypocrisy.

First of all, I don’t believe him when he says this. But if he actually is concerned about this then it is truly delusional on several different levels. Humoring his request does him no favors either way.

The difference is that trans people are not delusional and are sincere in their concerns and requests for accommodation. I don’t believe both are true for c#se rounder.

I don’t think Ike’s ever had a fastball

I’m not saying it’s not delusional, but he had a lot of hopes for this forum when it started. As I recall, he seemed to think this place could be a stepping stone to political punditry or consulting. Remember when people were talking about starting a podcast? I suppose some of his behavior could be modeled as him lashing out at people he blames for killing his dream.

I want to treat him as sincere, but I’m also much more willing to treat you as sincere and not as some disingenuous troll.

You think SK is more sincere than anyone else on this forum? I’m sincerely disappointed in this performance of yours, then.

CW not wanting to outline the precise way a bunch of people harrassing him can mess with his real life is not some damning failure. It’s a reasonable concern, clearly, and I’m legitimately ashamed of ever defending you in the past for your creepy posts if you think this isn’t obvious.

Treating his request as insincere is the charitable interpretation here!