New Feature - Encrypted PM's

The forum now offers optional end to end encryption for personal messages, so you can organize revolutions securely right here on Unstuck Politics! (Please don’t organize revolutions on Unstuck Politics)

You can enable it from your Preferences page. Follow the instructions and you’ll be good to go. All parties to a PM need to have the feature enabled for it to work, ldo.

This is srs biz encryption. If you lose your encryption key you will lose access to any messages that were encrypted with it. They can not be recovered by you, an admin, or anybody else.

11 Likes

Now someone needs to get working on a decryption feature.

Fair point. I’ll change it.

2 Likes

May we organize counter-revolutions? What about reformations?

If you are going to organise a revolution please ensure it’s a successful one.

1 Like

I want to remind everyone that this feature is available and you absolutely should use it. Please activate it if you have not already done so. I know it’s sort of a pain in the ass, but it is beneficial, especially if the stuff you’re sending in PM is sensitive or potentially embarrassing.

I enabled encryption and generated a paper key but at the top of the screen it is saying I haven’t generated a paper key and may lose my pms. Help!

what happens when you go to user preferences and generate paper key? don’t worry, you’re not gonna lose any PMs.

I got a list of words which I copypasted and saved.

ok paste those into the box that says TWELVE WORDS

I can’t see that box

in preferences:

Ok that’s weird it is showing up on my mobile device but not my laptop.

I guess this thread should be bumped.

Depressingly necessary.

Did the site get hacked or something?