National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

There’s no malice in my post, honestly. I’m sorry that I wrote it poorly and it came off with some.

(edit - changed if to that - I’m always saying to my kid "saying ‘I’m sorry if’ isn’t a good apology, so I’d better follow my advice)

1 Like

Glad to see Tatum win one, especially since he makes so many peoples heads explode for some reason.

The first two rounds were great.

1 Like

Well he molded his game after the worst superstar in the history of the league only he’s not even good enough to pull that off.

I can see why he’s not liked.

Hard to hate on White and Jrue though

1 Like

Help me out here

yeah Celtics fans seem to think people are just bitter they won but it was objectively just a terrible playoffs. outside of NYK-Philly the second best series was probably Cle-Orl? puke. Den-Min went 7 but the average margin of victory was like 18 points. The WCF, ECF and finals all went 5 games, even the KD Warriors championships had more suspense.

Im not sure how much of it even had to do with injuries, healthy Bucks would have given us one more interesting first/second round series but neither they nor anyone else in the east were ever challenging boston even when healthy. and the West was relatively healthy I think the matchups just didnt work out very well, Minnesota was built specifically to beat Denver but no one else which allowed Dallas to get to the finals who matched up terribly with Boston. If Denver doesn’t lose to Wemby/Spurs and grabs the 1 seed you get Den/Dal and OKC/Lakers/Min and things could have turned out a lot differently.

Today on first take

What does Tatum modeling his game after the worst super duper star in the history of super duper stars say about his legacy?

Insert any story about the giants/cowboys

Insert something about lakers next head coach

second best player on a title team, i’d say he pulled it off pretty well

1 Like

tatum is a huge kobe fan

1 Like

As long as he doesn’t model his sex life after Kobe, I can live with it.

Plus he didn’t really play like Kobe. Tatum played selflessly, very un-Kobe-like, which is a good thing because if he tried to emulate Kobe on the court he’d end up emulating Kobe by crashing and burning.

1 Like

did they get the finals mvp right? why not tatum?

Tatum very much emulated kobe on offense. Luckily he isnt good enough to do that and played much less selfishly this year

I was talking about his improvement this season.

Clippers with a healthy KL could have challenged but him being hurt is the default now i guess.

Sounds like JJ Reddick is going to be the next lakers coach. Just waiting on official announcement.

Mavs got quite lucky to get by OKC/Minn.
I think the 4th best west team got to the finals through some luck and some very clutch play. That happens sometimes.

1 Like

Strong disagree - I don’t see how anyone could watch DAL-MIN and think Minnesota was the better team. It was a 5 game series, and the 3 point shooting spread wasn’t very big. Dallas thoroughly out played them.

OKC you’d have a better argument, Thunder had some bad 3P luck - but some of that is their own damn fault, they gave up SIXTEEN CORNER THREES A GAME. OKC was completely healthy, and one of the two games they won, Luka was clearly compromised more than his other series.

Of course the Bucks could have challenged the Celtics. Bucks blew them out twice in the regular season, lost by three in the other two games. In one of the Bucks wins, Porzingis didn’t play. In one of the Bucks losses, Giannis didn’t play.

Celtics were clearly the best team in the league, but a healthy Bucks team definitely would have had a decent shot.

The Bucks were 19-23 under Doc Rivers.

Oh shit, you got me.