National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

You sure it’s not on a local affiliate?

It is, but I live on the other side of the world and subscribe to YouTubeTV, which doesn’t carry that channel.

Bummer

post deleted

Yeah thanks, I found a separate Internet stream, but man, I’m paying all this $$ and can’t even watch a playoff game on my TV.

What just happened?

that was such a weird ending. knicks somehow scored 6 points in 7 seconds when they mostly missed and almost turned the ball over the entire possession.

1. Got a great bounce on the first three

2. Some combo of the Sixers not taking care of the ball and/or getting mugged and/or not getting a timeout awarded.

3. DD with some ice in his veins on the second three of the sequence.

4. Horrible shots in the last 13 by the Sixers.

Would like to see a clear honest reffing assessment of the sequence between the two Knicks 3s.

Big white dude I never heard of played great down the stretch. Sixers did shit on the boards late as well.

they didn’t have timeouts.

The local broadcast didn’t point that out. Coverage after the game was that Nurse was complaining it wasn’t rewarded.

Are you sure? Gamecast indicates they called a TO after the Divencenzo 3.

yeah youre right i was thinking about the last play that ended in an embiid 3p attempt.

https://x.com/sportsradiowip/status/1782598747135816067?s=46

Listening to local sports radio. Caller and host rightly point out that it was a very physical game. So not sure how much Sixers got screwed overall, though I do think they got the short end of the whistle in the last sequences. Still Knicks had the WIM.

Playoff basketball at MSG is something else.

It’s almost like a comet

I randomly turned on the game while Jamal Murray was dribbling for the last shot. Nice finish!

3 Likes

6ers got absolutely boned. Nurse was signaling for a timeout before and while Maxey was on the ground.

th-1610608180

Please indulge my 15 yo son, NBA nerds.
He had a heated (good-natured) discussion w his friend. I jokingly said I’d post it somewhere to get a poll. Dunno how to post polls tho’. lolme
Which team wins:

Team A:
Steph Curry
James Harden
Dončić
Giannis
Embiid

Team B:
Anthony Edwards
J Tatum
Lilliard
Gobert
Jokic

team A for me

He didn’t have possession by the time Nurse called timeout. By the time Nurse puts the signal up Maxey is trying to pass the ball and losing it. There’s a freeze frame that people are using to try and show he has possession, but the video shows he is in the process of losing the ball.

And Nurse didn’t try to call timeout on the inbounds like he claimed - video clearly shows him raising his hands together but hesitating to actually make a timeout motion.

Maxey was probably fouled though.

1 Like