National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Ball game!

https://x.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1762663092713083267?s=20

2 Likes

Booooo! Was heartbreaking.

Iā€™m not an accomplished sports better, but kinda like OKC to title at 20-1. Young teams fail in the playoffs blah, blah, blah, I donā€™t care, like no young teams have three dudes as good as them and all three of them are killers.

All three are above 54% from the field. Outrageous.

What in the world is an Onuralp Bitim

It would be nice redemption for somehow failing to ship with Durant, Westbrook and Harden.

https://x.com/nba/status/1763448880740327607?s=46&t=hICOYYyCHuimCJQWftVfBQ

4 Likes

Please, nba gods, keep our two slender kings healthy. We deserve 15 years of them going at each other.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the last highlight for me. Heā€™s beaten a bit, on his back foot, but still blocks the step-back jumper of a 7-footer.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s advanced stats on this that I donā€™t have access to, but the Spurs seem to recover a high percentage of Wembyā€™s blocks. Not all blocks are equal, obviously, if it goes out of bounds or right back to the offense, the value is less.

-Spurs recovered all 5 of his last night.
-His 10 block game, they recovered 9. The 10th went back to the shooting player and he was immediately blocked again. Iā€™d be curious if thatā€™s ever happened before - 10 blocks and 0 points during those possessions.
-in the 5x5 game and the near 5x5 game, in both games his team recovered 3, one went out of bounds and one the shooting team recovered.

I watch most of his blocks thanks to the way nba.com allows you to watch them back-to-back-to-back. I could be imagining things, but he seems to retain possession more than other shotblockers.

Without watching videos of his blocks, I wonder if itā€™s because Wemby doesnā€™t have to really swat at balls to block them because heā€™s so ridiculously long. He can just stick a hand up or jump a little and he gets a block without the ball flying away.

2 Likes

Doc has turned around the Bucks defense. Offense has taken a hit, but itā€™s improving as the players get used to everything. And with Giannis, Dame, Lopez, and Middleton (when healthy), the offense will work itself out.

Still canā€™t wrap my head around the Wolves defense. Feels like itā€™s been so bad for my entire adult life and now theyā€™re dominating this year.

1 Like

Yeah they are miles ahead of the second defense. Itā€™s impressive.

Cavs have really fallen off since the all-star break. Coinciding with the return of Darius Garland.

10% Celtics.

Harden? Gotta take a serious discount that accounts all the games he doesnā€™t want or isnā€™t fit to play (out of choice, not injury).

I do see quite a few players below harden I would rate above him.