National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Lol Horford was going to OKC before KD bailed for Golden State. Just a Russ, Dipo, KD, Horford, Adams lineup. You continue to prove you have no idea what you’re talking about.

It caps it a bit, but beyond the current top 3 in the East…it’s better than anyone else still in the east? It’s slightly better than Tatum/Jaylen/Kemba imo due to how bad Kemba is.

Big summer for both teams, both desperately need a centre but the Raps could get someone really good in the draft. As a not very passionate but Canadian Raps fan I would be very excited over Davion on a rookie deal to replace Lowry.

1 Like

It’s actually embarrassing how big of a clown you are.

I know exactly what I’m talking about - Presti couldn’t get the job done.

He’s amazing at ping pong ball bounces, though, so you’ve got that going for you.

Yea drafting Russ at 4, Harden at 3, Ibaka, Reggie were about as easy as drafting James Young and Fab Melo. Take your L, son.

NBA Executive of the Year (in a small market) not enough for the Boston sports homer.

Was this before or after the Eric Bledsoe contract, and replacing Malcolm Brogdan with George Hill and Wes Matthews?

checks the date oh, it was before.

You know who also won an executive of the year? Danny Ainge! That was when he won a ring - he “went for it” and acquired Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen.

Was that before or after Fab Melo died?

Bucks are about to play the de facto NBA Finals vs the Nets. I think they’re doing alright.

The moves the Bucks made in the past year to bring in Jrue and then a great group of supporting players very well might win them their first title in 50 years.

1 Like

Josh Huestis
Mitch McGarry
Perry Jones III

It’s easy to play that game. Every GM has some clunkers buddy, you’ll learn that the more you follow the league. How many rings does Presti have? How did he “go for it” while trading Harden (a year before he needed to)? I freely admit he’s great at ping pong balls.

1 Like

This Milwaukee fellow might be a good GM, we’ll see. But I know:

1. He’s given out some horrific contracts.
  2. He undervalued Brogdon.
  3. He gave away a pick in the embarrassing Bogdanovic debacle.
  4. He’s got to one ECF, which they lost, so let’s hold off on saying he’s better than Ainge.

Hopefully you’ll stick around so I can be educated from a white cornboy from Boston about the exploits of an unemployed GM

Uh-oh, falling back on your racial crutch. Or do you really love that Bledsoe contract? Keep it to basketball please.

And give me some credit, I’m educating you on Presti and Horst, too, among all the other GMs you brought up.

Actually laughable how bad you are at this. If you want to compare Presi and Ainge’s draft records, be my guest. Bragging about Horford going to Boston as a dub for Ainge, when Horford admitted he was going to OKC if KD stayed, is one of your better looks.

Tell me more about the Executive of the Year being bad at his job. You’re legit a complete clown.

I never said Horst was bad at his job. I said he wasn’t as good as Ainge, which is clear from their records.

I mean - Ainge landed Horford. Presti couldn’t. You think that’s a W for Presti? Really?

Presti is great at ping pong balls, we already agreed on that. Building a championship team has proven beyond him thus far. Ainge actually did it. But to be fair, Presti has only been in the job for, what, 14 years? Give him another 14, he might get there.

Edit to add - I think I did say Horst wasn’t good. He may yet prove to be good, we just don’t know. Hard to say with a guy who’s only been in the seat for a few years and has little track record. I don’t think he’s bad, we don’t ahve enough data for that either.

Ainge landed Horford because KD left. Has nothing to do with Presti. Congrats on landing Horford and all those Eastern Conference titles he won for you.

Presti couldn’t keep KD happy. Maybe if he WENT FOR IT (or simply kept Harden?), KD would have stayed. Sad, you hate to see it. OKC hasn’t won a playoff series since. Maybe Presti will get it done in another 5 years or so.

Above, you criticized Ainge for not getting anything when Kyrie and Horford left. What did Presti get when Durant left?

Also - wanted to say I think Presti is a fine GM, and I would love to have him over ol’ Brad. But he’s not on Ainge’s level, just can’t get over the top. Do you think he’s just not willing to "go for it’?

I’m genuinely embarrassed for you reinforcing all those stereotypes of ignorant Boston sports fans. Gonna save the forum and block you now. Take care friend.

I want to congratulate on 3 posts in a row without mentioning race. Good job!