National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I used to believe that too until we found out games were being fixed by a single official. Seems basketball is one of the easiest sports to fix through multiple angles.

So never say never.

The Garden is lit.

1 Like

I definitely did not have Knicks basketball being big time back any time soon.

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1396558065504342023

1 Like

trae young has the worst hair in professional sport

1 Like

this is fun. i ridiculed the thibs signing. lol @ me.

LOL nix

He could use a sesh with that guy from the Modelo commercial who slept in his car for a while

like i always said, thibs is a joke and trae young has a beautiful head.

The Thibs signing predictably has immediate positive results. The problem is what the team will look like 3-4 years from now when he has run his players into the ground.

2 Likes

their wins total prop this season was 21.5. Obviously we all thought Thibs will help short term and hurt their team long term, but no one expected 20 wins above the line and home court advantage in the playoffs. They also have no bad contracts on their team.

So obviously no one expects Utah to make the Finals but exiting in the first round at Memphis’ hands is fireable right?

they don’t have mitchell. a lineup of conley, ingles, bojan, royce oneale and gobert? a bench of clarkson, favors, niang and miye oni? they have the least talent in their roster in the entire conference. snyder is top 5 coaches in the league easily.

1 Like

How exactly does one do this in the NBA? These aren’t NFL running backs taking 500 carries a year or something ridiculous.

@LuolDeng

Cliffs? Just skimmed his wikipedia page to jog my memory and it only helped a little.

he played him 39 mpg 82 games a year for 5 seasons. Led the league or close to it in MPG each season. He was pretty much involuntarily retired at age 30.

Playing 82 games a year vs 16 is pretty big. A ton more travel, later games etc.

What’s the consensus on how many games and minutes a health star should be playing over 5 yrs? Also were teams sitting healthy guys for load management back then? I seem to remember that as a more recent thing.

it is a more recent thing. a push back by players, led by Kawhi but I doubt he had any intentions to change the league.