National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Four 1st round picks and four draft swaps and a bunch of players change teams

good lord all that for a way out of shape james harden

Rockets getting Oladipo? Seems like quite the haul for Harden.

Lol what a terrible trade. LeVert crushing and KyMe doing Zoom fundraisers during games, Fat Beard canā€™t fill that. Should have sold everything for LaMelo.

1 Like

@Yuv

Trying to envision a viable fantasy lineup here that isnā€™t just a BKN/NYK game stack.

From the details of the trade that Iā€™m seeing thus far, this leaves Brooklyn with only two players who are taller than 6ā€™8. KD and DeAndre Jordan. Yikes.

Iā€™m looking forward to reading a full breakdown and analysis of this trade, and Iā€™d also like to see it in comparison to the PG13 to Clippers trade.

I had 7 mia-phi players yesterday. Nba dfs became game stacks

1 Like

I donā€™t get why houston traded levert for dipoā€™s expiring contract

Iā€™m ecstatic that Pacers traded Dipo for LaVertā€¦ 11 games ago we couldnā€™t pay anyone to take him from us. Now we get 3 years of LaVert for a guy that was going to leave anyway. Brogdon - LaVert - Warren - Sabonis - Turner is a hell of a starting 5.

1 Like

Because theyā€™re going after a multi year tank now. Theyā€™re doing what OKC is.

When it says they swapped first during certain years, does Houston get the better of the two or do they always get the nets old pick?

Houston gets the better of the two.

they arenā€™t going to be ā€˜bad enoughā€™ and levert and wood are both good pieces that are still young.

Levert went to Indiana.
Wood/Wall arenā€™t good enough not to be a bottom 3 team in the West. Minnesota is either the worst or second worst in the West and their roster is much more talented.

1 Like

whoā€™s on first?

Because Dipo is expiring. Theyā€™re tanking.

Didnā€™t they also get showered in picks or what am i missing

Ugh.

Houston got a shitload of picks for the upcoming future.

They had the option to have Caris Levert and Jarrett Allen which they traded for a (very) late first round pick and Oladipo expiring contract.

You cannot multi-year tank in the NBA unless you are very very actively working at it as Hinkie did with constantly trading anyone who helped winning game. That gets you banned from the league. Thunder will fail badly at it as will the Rockets.

Getting two good young players at a cheap price while holding all the picks is the right way to play it out. Dipoā€™s contract is meaningless.

The whole point of getting a shitload of picks is to avoid the need to forcefully remove talent from your team. They have tons of picks on top of their own spread over multiple years. The model is Boston.

1 Like

Houston owes their 2021 first to OKC then 2024-2027 again. So I really think they aim to be bad in the in between years then reload.

So why not trade Levert for a draft picks? The trade for Oladipo makes no sense. Levert is good with a good contract.

Either way Pacers just binked by being there.

1 Like

Pacers obviously did well. I dont think anyone was giving up a first for Lavert. Maybe some contender did if you waited until the deadline, but the time was now.