National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

What format? 9cat? h2h/roto?

RJ Barrett might be the worst player in the NBA

Thatā€™s saying something on a team with Kevin Knox and Frank Ntilikina

Ntilkina just drained a 3 pointer like heā€™s Steph Curry yo

Toppin has yet to pass the ball. Knox giving him ā€˜thats my role bitchā€™ look

1 Like

h2h. 9 category. fg%, ft%, 3pm, reb, ast, st, blk, to, pts

Also, everyone in the league is on the west coast. 50% Woyas fans, 40% Lakeshow fans. So thereā€™s rarely any value in trying to bid for players from those two franchises.

Then obviously nominate them whenever itā€™s your turn until the late rounds.

To me auction is always less about sleepers and more about draft environment or however you want to call it. Each auction has some sort of a rhythm to it that dictates the value. Sometimes people overspend at the beginning, followed by a some bidding wars by people who felt they missed out on the studs followed by 3rd/4th rounders going stupid cheap. And at the end you get a 2nd wave of bidding war when people realize they are out of good players to bid on.

So just try to identify what stage your draft is in. Thatā€™s the best general advice i can give even tho you didnā€™t ask for any.

As a random sleeper name, for h2h I kinda like Darius Bazley and Chris Boucher for h2h format (less so for roto), but sleepers always become overdrafted at some point.

Also for h2h you gotta have some sort of punting strategy and back up strategy ready.

1 Like

watching knicks-pistons preseason is some sort of an achievement. Dennis Smith and Kevin Knox together is a beauty.

Good tips, I appreciate it. One last question.

Since our rosters are: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN

And we have maximum 4 acquisitions per week, so we can do some streaming of players. How many players on my roster should be of the $1 or $2 variety? I feel like if I grab a couple of cornerstone studs, and then if I know that Iā€™ll have 3 $1 players at the end of my bench, then Iā€™ll have a better idea of my budget/player for the rest of my roster. Or if my thinking is completely off on that, let me know. Thanks.

Sorry to spam the NBA thread with my fantasy stuff, but Iā€™ve known the guys in the league for a couple of decades, so I want to be able to win and talk shit.

the only way to really get ready for an auction is literally placing a floor/ceiling price to every player in the league. This year gonna be crazy when it comes to DNPā€™s so flexibility is key, but I think youā€™ll get there pretty much regardless of what you do.

The key is just to be ready. Unlike snake draft, in auction you can very literally get every single player you want. That also makes it much harder. There arenā€™t really ā€œa couple of cornerstone studsā€ to take this year. Every stud has some caveat ā€“

Davis is the clear #1 but heā€™s also the ā€˜headed to the locker roomā€™ king plus you mentioned it will be very hard to get him.
Harden is a huge question mark with the whole craziness going on and not knowing where he ends up
KAT is in very understandable depression with all the covid deaths in his family
Steph is back after a year off and gotta play with three new starting five for him.
Giannis is great but you gotta be well prepared for FT% punt build, as his FTā€™s are irredeemable if he keeps last year form.
Durant/Kawhi are likely to miss ~20 games at the minimum.

I would say that out of the ā€œstudsā€, the safest are actually Luka, Lillard and Jokic.

Lillard put up huge numbers, but his lack of peripheral stats means that if he gets down to like 42% or so FG he can drop to 2nd round value.

I feel like Jokic might be available at a relative discount.

If you really want to win and this is an ā€œamateurishā€ league, just buy a subscription to BasketballMonster.com
If the others arenā€™t using it and you are, i donā€™t see how you donā€™t place at the top 1/3 at least.

2 Likes

I am ready for a DeMarcus Cousins MVP season.

1 Like

Noel was pretty good yesterday and heā€™s an excellent cheap source for stocks when getting minutes. If we know anything about Thibs is that he will attempt to ruin Mitchell Robinsonā€™s career.

Worth a flier and will probably be overlooked in a rec league

Iā€™ll keep an eye on him. The draft/auction got delayed until next sunday. But it looks like there will be at least 12 and possibly 16 teams in the league.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1337936151802470413

The Cleveland Cavs remain undefeated this season.

1 Like

I think we will see a lot of that this year.
(Lamelo with a highlight down 20)

Deni Avdija is currently the best shooter in the history of the NBA.

6-6 fg, 3-3 3p. Impeccable. Might win co-MVP with Boogie.

This article is amazing.

7 Likes

The Indiana Pacers shot 44 3PA in their first preseason game and first game under Nate 2.0. Their regular season all time record was 42. About freaking time. I know itā€™s PRESEASONLOL, but itā€™s awesome to see this team play modern basketball and high pace.

You guys have to read this.

Shammgod was the absolute truth. Still remember watching that Providence-Arizona regional final like it was yesterday.