National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I think it makes the 76ers owners bad owners. Hinkie presented to them exactly what his master plan was and approximately how long it would take to achieve. I think it was fair for him to operate under the assumption he would have the time and leeway to enact that plan.

Owners on the other hand screwed up by firing someone halfway through the plan, when all the evidence showed it was working exactly as planned. Not saying it was going to work, but if they didn’t believe his plan would work, they shouldn’t have hired him in the first place.

both are true. His plan got the 76ers to a point where the league itself decided to intervene.

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1331859958732779527

1 Like

There’s a huge difference between a written plan of hey we’re gonna suck for awhile then the owner seeing how much suck that really was/timeframe.

Seriously, did anyone not realize he was gonna get fired with that plan? I thought it was pretty smart, have a plan to suck so you’re just like “well that’s part of the plan!” so you get a year or two longer than you should’ve otherwise.

(alright having read more it’s not that interesting but already posted so will keep it up)

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/k28pil/hi_rsixers_this_is_daryl_morey_i_am_excited_to_do/

Yeah! LeBron!

Houston has agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to Washington for John Wall and a first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 3, 2020

Of course they had to get traded for each other at some point.

Edit: Nvm, somehow read this as Harden for Wall + 1st. Westbrook for Wall + 1st is lol everyone.

We are starting this thing back up in 3 days! I honestly can’t wait. I got into basketball when I moved to Indy 5 years ago and fell in love. It definitely helps that I watched the 17-18 Pacers take Lebron to 7, but the whole thing is great to watch.

1 Like

Is there a cbb thread?

The season is going to be like 12 games for each team, so probably not worth it.

If Coach K has his way now that he knows his team sux… What a dick, saying they should cancel the season AFTER he finds out his team sux.

He’s right, but he’s disingenuous about it.

1 Like

This college basketball season doesn’t exist

Reminds me I need to rewatch Hoosiers again. It’s been at least a year.

Oh man I thought you were talking about the Roy Hibbert Pacers and I just had a minor crisis thinking that was only 2.5 years ago

1 Like

Figures. As a Creighton and Fla State fan this year and last year are probably the only seasons either of them will be elite, so both seasons must be wiped out.

The future national champion Iowa Hawkeyes beg to differ!

1 Like

I got an NBA fantasy auction draft coming up at 7pm pacific. Anybody that has a good sleeper or anything like that, lemme know.