National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

fyp

2 Likes

Iā€™ve really enjoyed watching commercials during the NBA draft.

I like the Josh Richardson - Seth Curry trade. Sixers really needed a reliable 3 point shooter and the Mavs needed a better perimeter defender.

Cliffs on LOL Knicks? I mean, LOL Knicks ofc, but what was it this time?

Drafting Obi Toppin.

Who was the right pick at that spot? I donā€™t know who any of these players are, more or less.

1 Like

Me too. Any good websites/journalists for a breakdown/draft grades? Havenā€™t followed any cbb or prospects this year.

Follow @deanondraft on Twitter. The 2p2 NBA threads are good, used to be a lot better, some of the best guys came here but foolishly some didnā€™t.

Nbadraft.net.

@DodgerIrish probably has some good recs.

Obi was the sucker pick. He crushed college last year but heā€™s old. I have no idea, really, I just read some things and get attached to the views, my dives are shallow on nba stuff.

Do not do this.

2 Likes

Why?

Dean has (hot) takes but heā€™s just a TZ poster.

I used to argue with him a lot. Heā€™s hyperbolic and a little like an uninformed Nate Duncan.

In 2014 I had some dumb spat with Dean and I offered $100 at even odds Julius Randle would be first team All-American and he countered 500 to 100 on Kentucky reaching the final four which I accepted.

Julius Randle ended third team All-American. UK made the final four in the craziest run I am sure I will ever see in my life.

Dean definitely had the best of the bet. I probably would have bought out at $95 in February. But just made that run that much sweeter.

1 Like

I used to be extremely into the draft (from the mid 90s on) and read all the sites.

Now, not so much. Years of seeing the Tskitishviliā€™s and the like amount to absolutely nothing has me not really caring until I see guys in summer league against other dudes. Thereā€™s so much hype. (I also trust my eye over other donks.)

I went 3 for 4 on my gambles today tho (placed yesterday morn). Had Ball over 2.5 +190, Hayes under 7.5 +145, and Haliburton over 7.5 +125. Loss was flyer on Wiseman #1 +1000 (via trade most likely). Ball and Wiseman lines moved toward me, other two against.

1 Like

With the Harrison twins.

I just watched one of them hit a dagger in a euroleague game a few weeks back. (I had +3 and he hit a 3 at the buzzer for a gross push.)

Yeah Aaron Harrison is always going to be a legend in my eyes for that run. Say what you want about the rest of his career, but he hit last minute clutch three pointers in back-to-back-to-back NCAA tournament games.

Iā€™m not a fan of any one team, but thereā€™s guys who had crazy long, notable NBA careers and I still think of their college shots first.

Mike Miller at UF always comes to mind, hitting a buzzer-beating runner in (I think) the first round and then they made the finale.

Yeah I was a long time 2p2 lurker and I remember him from his depressing PUA rants

I certainly canā€™t think of any other guys that had long NBA careers mostly known for one famous NCAA tournament shotā€¦

lol, Iā€™d somehow forgot about that.

Later, he mathematically solved dating by stumbling upon an obvious observation:

https://twitter.com/deanondraft/status/1151500233223876610
https://twitter.com/deanondraft/status/1151877600224206848

Itā€™s time for some game theory iyam.

lol, oh manā€¦

Tony Delk

1 Like