National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I’ve pretty much been screaming TANK TANK TANK since about the time KD left. The last few years wouldn’t have been as fun no doubt though. He finally did it and its hard to imagine acquiring what he did frankly so in the end I can’t complain and am really getting what I wanted.

Another thing about those clippers / heat picks for Dipo/Domas and PG. They got Gallo and SGA in that deal also. Just absurd.

Guess Ball to Charlotte prolly kills Russ going there. Zach Lowe saying that Russ is currently a negative asset. Like the Hornets would be trading Batum straight up for Russ. Lol

I think Knicks will have interest before the season.

Very true. SGA has a chance to be pretty valuable down the road.

LOL Knicks.

So he was a good GM, then bad, now he is good again?

Just want to make sure I understand the last 50 post.

Was there any doubt?

He is good at high draft picks and fleecing other GMs while tanking. He didn’t seem that good at managing a championship caliber roster.

Ricky back to the wolves! Per Woj. OKC is getting the 17th pick, MN is getting 25 and 28.

Thoughts on trading up for the pick @jwax13? I have to admit I know nothing about him.

All these posts about how good a GM is without mentioning his owner not wanting to pay the luxury tax seem to miss a gigantic part of the equation.

The Thunder paid the repeater tax?

Also:

Even after dumping most of their roster they paid luxury tax in the 2019-2020 season. 5 of the previous 6 seasons they have paid it.

The article that you linked to notes that the Thunder traded Harden to avoid paying the tax. They have since changed course, but some of Presti’s moves have to be understood within that context.

Similarly Morey didn’t want Westbrook, that was ownership and Harden.

Morey and Presti are both great GMs. The teardown and rebuild is much easier than maintaining an elite roster fwiw. Anyone very competent should be able to do what NO and OKC are doing, as did Brooklyn and Philly prior.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EatLiquidGold/status/1329220046552526853

It’s so fucking dumb that the draft is before free agency starts.

Project that is years away from being relevant. High upside. Someone OKC has wanted for a year, supposedly.

I wonder if he will be a stash or not.

More reports pointing to Klay having an achilles tear which might be the end of his career at an All Star level. Not sure what the Warriors suppose to do now. They can’t contend without Klay and they might waste Steph’s last great years.

1 Like

Trade Steph to the Nets for Kyrie to get back at KD.

1 Like