National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I hope it’s not as serious as Shams’ tone suggests.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1329203349879721991

1 Like

Woj says it’s the other leg, Shams says he couldn’t put any weight on it.

Lol Presti >>>>> Morey AINEC. Who was the last good player Morey drafted? I’ll wait.

Morey traded 2 1sts, 2 swaps and CP3 for Russ. MoreyGOAT indeed.

I don’t think anyone should get points for their name. That’s the whole fucking idea.
Speak to how taking Horford contract for a protected 1st round pick is any good, let alone “trade rape”.

If this is just ‘white magic’ thing sure. We get you. Presti is the goat no need to discuss.

Is Steven Adams the last good player that Presti drafted? Morey has taken Harrell and Capela since then.

We’re now in the bargaining stage between ‘bad’ and ‘catastrophic’. This sucks.

https://twitter.com/MontePooleNBCS/status/1329211599568183297

Presti’s draft history is pretty barren the last 6 years also.

Morey drafted Trez and Capela at 32 and 25 during that timeframe.

You know, fuck you, cause time will tell on Mitch McGary

(obscure Dogma reference, but that’s what came up in my head)

I wrote a Presti sucks manifesto on 22 3 years ago or so. Let me see if i can find it. He has been crushing it the last year and a half though.

Trading Horford, #34 this year and a lightly protected first for Danny Green is trade rape. Danny Green is terrible. Legit washed.

I edited my post before you even responded taking out the Presti part. But Morey is not an elite GM anymore. Hasn’t been for a while. He gets to avoid the consequences of what he did in Houston, but that organization will be garbage for the foreseeable future because of the way he sold off every asset to try and marginally improve around a player that could never carry a team to a title.

No one cares about Danny Green tho in this trade. He’s not a feature. He’s a contract. The trade is Schroder for Horford, the 28th pick in this year draft, one 2 round and a top 6 protected 2025 Sixers 1st round.

I like all the Presti moves lately. My beef is his 2012-2018 shitshow. Part of what I posted on the old forum:

Having Harden/RWB/Durant on the same roster and only making one finals is a disaster no matter how you slice it. He can take credit for drafting RWB, Harden and Ibaka but the rest of his moves until very recently were awful. And he squandered an insane core that he had on the cheap at first. Now he has been doing for 1.5 years the exact thing I criticized him for not doing. That doesn’t change the fact he was an awful GM for years.

1 Like

Yea, 28, 34 and a future first for Schroeder is pretty great. Congrats to Morey on trading 34 and a future first to get off Horford’s money (which means zero to okc) and getting Danny Green in return.

Morey ain’t winning shit in Philly. Building around Embiid (who spends all his time on the perimeter when he’s an elite interior player) and/or Simmons (best PG that can’t shoot in a league that prioritizes shooting) will prove as difficult as building around a career playoff choker defensive sieve.

1 Like

He might not, but why is it a bad move for Morey to get rid of Horford’s contract, that does mean shit for them?

Not really. Injuries derailed them post Harden. They ran really, really poor with KD, Russ and Ibaka injuries. Trading Harden was his biggest blunder. But if KD isn’t a bitch, they roll out Russ, Dipo, KD, Adams, Horford after KDs free agency.

I don’t know shit about the prospects except Deni, but anyone who does - any thoughts on how the Klay injury effects the Warriors pick? They are in much bigger need for immediate help now.

Also, Bogdan not going to MIL. lol @ both teams for announcing a sign and trade without asking the player.

The Harden blunder may have been his biggest blunder but lots of other mistakes were made that impacted the margin of error the Thunder had. Obvious ones are:

-Trading up for LOL Aldrich
-Kendrick Perkins contract and playing time
-Never finding any 3 point shooting
-Always having a lineup with 1-2 guys who are complete offensive zeros
-Paying Kyle Singler 25m
-Whiffing every draft pick for almost a decade
-Mortgaging the future for a big 3 of PG/Melo/Russ that never made sense or had any chance

That still doesn’t make him a bad overall GM because he has done some good things. But he couldn’t have done worse if he tried in those very important years. Almost every move he made was wrong. Trading everything except Olidipo three years ago for picks and assets would have been far superior to what he did. The Thunder would be so much farther down the timeline towards relevance again.

You are right the Thunder got unlucky with injuries though.

Bucks fans in panic mode

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1329219843678203906