National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

As a Celtics fan the fact that Dave Portnoy is super sad definitely brings me some relief. Every dark cloud!

1 Like

Going to be getting a super max contract too.

Heh this is how I felt when I had the realization that prizminferno most likely lost his mind when the Bruins got bounced. Silver linings and all that.

Heā€™s been incredibly overrated this year and this is coming from someone who believes he is the most fun player to watch when heā€™s dialed in. But thereā€™s a reason his on/off numbers were so bad

https://twitter.com/LevAkabas/status/1663561582901891077

27th in 3-point % during the regular season btw.

F in the chat.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ he might have the biggest gap between individual skill and team play of any ā€œstar.ā€

How many times can someone help off the wrong guy, get back cut by a scrub, get stripped from behind, go 1 v 3+, or brick a momentum-killing logo 3?

Only third (wtf) lowest scoring regular season team (finishing last) to make the finals.

Miami is so crazy.

A bit weird, but I guess the way I make sense of it is that if you have a team with a killer defense, you donā€™t need to score a ton and then you just shut it down early every game with a comfortable lead. Seems like this may have been more possible in the past than it is with the current NBA.

This is why Iā€™m fine with the Celtics running it back. They lost, deservedly (and even if they won, I think Denver smacks them). But weā€™ve gotta recognize an all-time heater when we see one.

Game 7 Bucks vs. Celtics last year - Grant Williams hit 7 threes, but he took 18, sub 40%, Cs won by a billion, it didnā€™t really matter. Caleb Martin shot 49% from 3 for the series. It wasnā€™t even wide open shots - he made 60% of his shots where NBA.com lists the defense as Tight. The Grant outlier is no where near what we saw from Martin.

Mazzulla might be a bum and Tatum/Brown might not be a good enough top two, but Iā€™d give them all another year. Maybe they play Miami again next year, but Herro is healthy, and the Heat win in 4 by a billion, then make a big move.

The Jaylen turnover stuff is painful. I always thought it was his tiny little baby hands, but apparently Durant has Trump hands, too, and heā€™s not a turnover box.

Nuggets in five is my feeling for the finals.

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1664295722462900224?t=OfH0ecvnphpady7RE4dKyQ&s=19

5 Likes

gonna be a long four games with Mark Action Jackson! (ā€¦Maybe five? the only time a Spo teamā€™s ever been swept was two years ago vs the bucks when JFB shot 29% for the series.)

Iā€™m trying to relearn french maybe thereā€™s a french feed. Surprisingly hard to find one for the premier league; if anybody knows how please tell me

Heat just physically outmatched at almost every position. No answer whatsoever to Gordon just dunking over people.

Martin and strus going 0/12 doesnā€™t help either

Jackson is so bad heā€™s inspiring people to relearn languages to get away, Van Gundy would use that line on him.

Maman, voilĆ  cet homme

1 Like

rip max strus career

1 Like

There goes his payday.

Martin going from Kobe to benched has me on tilt.

martin is last week. now itā€™s all about haywood highsmith of Wheeling Jesuit University

Mark Jackson: ā€œFor the people tuning in to see this guy play for the first timeā€¦ā€

GFY

1 Like

i mean he might be the 6th most valuable player in mark jackson opinion. thatā€™s nothing to sneeze at

1 Like