National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Dillon Brooks most likely?

I would laugh if they head butted each other and ended up with a double concussion.

I am so here for the Mike Brown redemption tour.

1 Like

Watch some late 80s Pistons games.

1 Like

So not only did I go all-in on the Sabonis-Haliburton trade is terrible for the Kings, but like I literally spent 5 years in Sacramento going to games with like 2k people in the stand and most miserable enviorment ever. The moment i move away it becomes the greatest show on earth.

Sad yuv.

6 Likes

If you got to the point where you really became a Kings fan, then thatā€™s gotta hurt.

for me as a life long NBA fan it was really awesome to live 15 minute drive from an NBA arena. I used to go to games all the time because I love basketball. It would have been even better to go to games of an actual fun team like this one.

I canā€™t understand what itā€™s like to be an ā€œNBA fanā€. Sure, I appreciate a high quality basketball performance, but seeing my own team be great is much sweeter.

my own team is in Tel Aviv. American fandom is different than what I was raised with. Maybe itā€™s similar in college sports. You donā€™t become a fan because of pros and cons. You become a fan because youā€™re born into it.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s different from what Iā€™ve got. I wasnā€™t born into anything. My whole family never even liked watching sports. They thought I was weird that Iā€™d wake up some insane hours (I lived in Asia on and off for a good bit of my childhood) to watch a stupid basketball game.

Lakers?

Correct.

Iā€™ll own that 7-year-old Melkerson was a bandwagon fan because they were on TV all the time and I had no hometown team (lived in South Florida before the Miami Heat existed).

We all love the beam, and rightfully say that whoever came up with it is a genius.

The idea for the beam came from John Rinehart, the Kingsā€™ president of business operations, who was inspired by a sign in the parking lot of the Los Angeles Angelsā€™ stadium, which lights up when the team wins. He pitched the idea to Ranadive, who was all in.

Huge stroke of luck for Rinehart to be present on a rare day when the Angelsā€™ sign lit up.

5 Likes

LIGHT THE BEAM!

I was hoping some PR intern came up with it.

1 Like

Surely Draymond will get suspended this time rightā€¦ right?

Iā€™m still mad they refused to throw him out of Game 2 of the finals on what shouldā€™ve been a double T on him and Brown. Definitely marginal, but he needs better self control.

I think he should be suspended but wouldnā€™t be surprised if the league chickens out.

I kind of think 2+ games is the most likely outcome, just slightly ahead of 1 game or no games. Dude stomped on someoneā€™s chest, itā€™s an incredibly unsafe act.

I donā€™t want to bet it - Iā€™m terrible at predicting these things, I genuinely thought all NFL teams would shy away from Deshaun Watson with his 20+ cases of sexual assault. Having Draymond play all playoffs definitely makes for better TV.

Go Kings. Fuck Draymond Green. Light the beam.

2 Likes

I did a little research on the non-face punch suspensions - and maybe itā€™ll be different because itā€™s the playoffs. But for suspensions this year, Pat Bev got 3 games for pushing Ayton.

Mo Wagner got 2 games for pushing Hayes (and Hayes got 3 for punching him in the back of the head):

Gobert got a team suspension for punching a teammates arm.

Giannisā€™ brother got a game for a light headbutt (are all the Greek brothers dirty players?)

Dillon Brooks got a game for a nutshot

Caleb Martin got a game for this takedown

Most comparable to the Pat Bev thing iyam.

1 Like