National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Nice story. I like the randomness of it.

2 Likes

Heat usually play to a 60% empty seats at start of game?

Seems like it.

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1647028908003573761?s=20

So messed up. Itā€™s a little kid.

Was at the game and didnā€™t care, but had friends messaging me asking me who was screaming. I told them to stop trying to silence women.

5 Likes

Bulls v Heat has been pretty good. Miamiā€™s defense has been tight. Strus opened up the game on fire and then finished the game with a key three and a foul on taking anotherā€¦like 40 seconds left.

Really was hoping to see the Bulls win.

good to see Minny back together again.

This is setting up for another textbook Wolves choke.

SGA and Giddey doing nothing and Minnesota doesnā€™t even have their best perimeter defender.

LOL insurance scames. ā€œPick anyone you want, just not a 6ā€™5ā€ extremely athletic-looking black guy who could probably give productive minutes off the bench."

One of the insurance guys in the article said they would make money off steph curry taking that shot.

They basically charge double the percentage of prize / chance %.

Personally giving up the long shot would still drive me nuts.

The house always wins.

This is my favorite million dollar shot video of all time:

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing. All that warm up.

Also that TNT Logo is crazy. Dan Marjele with the fake smile. AND a younger Craig Sager in a normalish suit,

1 Like

Zen-like visual imagination drill where he becomes the basket. The GOOD NEWS though is that he doesnā€™t win money, doesnā€™t become pro, and his college scholarship hopes stay alive!

1 Like

SGA and Giddey combined 7-31 w 6 minutes left.

The title of this article seems like a mega reach as well. There isnā€™t really convincing evidence that Jordan specifically did much personally to help, but thereā€™s plenty of evidence of him being the usual scumbag. Bailed on meeting the dude, sits in a roped off security section at grade school games, wonā€™t sign for the guy in the parking lot, makes him drop the ball off on Mich Ave then pick it up later. Like basically every story about Jordan is a slight variation of the Chamillionaire story and yet thereā€™s a seemingly endless supply of knobs still carrying water for him.

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty standard in these contracts that the contestant canā€™t have played college ball (especially recently). Iā€™m sure if the organizer wanted to open it up to such people, the insurance company would be happy to quote him a different price.

In this case, I think itā€™s hard to fault the insurance company, if the article is to be believed and it was in writing. Then itā€™s not on the insurance company to pay out. Itā€™s on the team.

Iā€™m sure this post isnā€™t going to help my rep as a supposed insurance company slappy, but this seems pretty black and white.

1 Like

I agree your right as itā€™s a question they ask and it should be on team to not choose him for that reason.

The thing I donā€™t get is why the team even buys insurance on these things. Yes a million is a lot, but shouldnā€™t be to an NBA team. Just self insure and save the crazy vig the insurance company charges.

1 Like