National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Bucks finally get to play tonight. Might be a rough start to the season, though, as both Middleton and Connaughton are out for a while. Going to have to hope some bench guys can hit some shots and/or Giannis is in god mode from the start (though from a fatigue perspective, don’t love that he played with the Greek team in the offseason).

No, I’m not gonna posterize you!

Modern Jumbotrons look like a thing designed to fall on you in a Super Mario game.

3 Likes

Vivek fully aware of bottleneck theory and doing 7D chess moves.

1 Like

Id be tilting daily if i was still in sacramento. Still cant believe they traded haliburton

2 Likes

And hired Mike Brown.

https://twitter.com/SwipaZorro/status/1582599925237313538?s=20&t=XS9469_g22EVz_DAtuhcAQ

3 Likes

Mike brown is temporary. Haliburton is 22 years old

Why did the sixers insist on keeping maxey if they gonna utlize him like this

Because he’s a 3rd year player surrounded by 2 ball-dominant superstars. It will take time to figure out how he can push himself into opportunities.

The bigger issue right now is Embiid’s demeanor/energy/shooting/turnovers.

Was that RWB refusing to put up a shot there at the end of the half? What a BUM

Just checked and apparently the Crypto.com arena naming deal was for 20 years, $700M lol

Kind of sounds like it:

Crypto.com paid more than $700 million for the naming rights, according to sources familiar with the terms, making it one of the biggest naming deals in sports history.

There are some other gems in there:

“This is just such a brilliant move from the guys at AEG, because the next decade belongs to crypto,” he said. “And this positions L.A. and this particular venue right at the center of it.”

Marszalek said that Crypto.com has “an ambition of becoming a top-20 brand in the next 3 or 5 years, alongside names like Nike or Apple,” with popular sports serving as one gateway to mass adoption.

Good luck!

Crypto.com paid more than five times as much for the rights to L.A.'s arena — but Marszalek isn’t worried that the investment might not pan out. “There’s not a shadow of doubt in my mind that it was worth it,” he said. “My level of conviction is 100%.”

Brave!

1 Like

Kevin Harlan: Down goes Davis!

Me:

I said “Already?” out loud and then Harlan kept on him, “Davis is laboring to get down the court”

edit: I have no idea what he did, was hoping he was gassed or something

Oof it was that nasty fall on his back

Damn was just thinking, “Who is this tiny dude Lebron has pinned on a mismatch?” It was PG13.

1 Like

I feel like it’s a little weird that they always mention LeBron spending millions every year on his body, nutrition, fighting Father Time etc but they always leave out the most visible success: his regrown hair

1 Like

WB 0-11
Beverley 1-7
Nunn 0-7
Lakers are hilarious.

Just a genuinely bad team.

I think I might have them below Portland? The only non tanking West team I still think they’re probably better than is Sacramento. And I’m not 100% positive about that.

Surround Lebron and AD with shooters and they can sleepwalk into the playoffs.

Instead, Westbrook and Beverly.

And Lonnie Walker getting big minutes too. He was 31% 3s last year and 2/12 so far this year lol.