National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

It’s Time!

3 Likes

I tend to be super pessimistic about my teams but man does this feel like a letdown year for the Celtics

0-82 here we come.

1 Like

I’m a general optimist.

Brogdon looks terrific. If he stays healthy (big if, sure!), then he is the best addition any of the top 8 teams from last year made. This is Tatum’s age 24 year, he should improve. I think Brown will improve a little. Derrick White’s shot looks better - he was a career 35% 3p shooter before last year.

I do worry about counting on the health of Brogdon, 36 year old Horford, and Robert Williams. But you can say the same sort of thing for Philly, Milwaukee, Brooklyn. I whined about their lack of size in free agency, and then Gallo got hurt, and Time Lord had a cleanup procedure. Hopefully they can make it work.

Of course I was also optimistic on opening night 5 years ago, and Gordon Hayward snapped his leg 5 minutes into his Boston career. And they still took Lebron to 7 in the ECF.

I appreciate the Philly love and I think the arguments that they’ll make the finals are strong. But I think folks are a little too high on PJ Tucker.

A good chunk of his value to Miami actually came on the offensive side of the ball - he had his best shooting season ever - by a considerable margin. Maybe he figured it out at age 36, but seems more likely he’ll take a good step back this year (he typed, before Tucker went 4-6 from 3s that night)

I know it’s not serious but uh…

Seems like he’s fine, they didn’t include him or Smart on the injury report.

Still, steel yourself emotionally for a Hayward-esque demolition of Brogdon’s body tonight. It’s in play.

I don’t know what will happen with the mavs, except this.

Almost every single preseason poll has them rated as 7th or worse in the Western Conference. I know this to be bad analysis. I am sure they will be a 6th seed or likely higher unless Luka gets hurt. People ignore that they had the second best record in the NBA the second half of last season and/or think losing a 14ppg score is franchise crushing.

2 Likes

Small bets;

Denver over 48.5
Toronto over 48 (wish I got it at 46.5)
Utah under 23
Charlotte under 34.5
Mathurin Roy
Embiid mvp

2 Likes

I’m so happy we are going to have an Unstuck Mathurin ROY fan club.

@Yuv or anyone else that plays fantasy.

Am I screwed here based on the games played?

Probably yes unless you’re an efficiency build

Actually almost definitely yes bc your league settings are :harold:

1 Like

Maybe I should have went with the $5 league….

Was talking to a younger friend yesterday who played against him at Canadian nationals at u18 level

can’t find Mathurin ROY on Bovada, all they have listed for season awards are MVP :harold:

comes up if you google it but that link just goes to the MVP futures

Guh don’t remind me. I was so excited for that and came out of a meeting to 20+ texts trolling me about the injury - good times.

I think Tatum comes back on a mission and brings it home this year tbh.

1 Like

Harden stealing my pregame look again

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1582484610667393025?s=20&t=q1tSBpXuM6ZtMcUhvy-DwA

2 Likes

It’s nice to see Harden back to being Harden.

But it also sucks.

1 Like

He looks better than he did for the entirety of last season.

1 Like