National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Man Fox’s team would have fucking titled if they beat UNC

1 Like

YMMV on this one, but I love watching the post-Capela rockets. Gimme all the Covington center minutes you got.

fuck that ref

1 Like

Fun fact: Zion wasn’t the most athletic on his HS team.

He also had a teammate that could throw perfect alley-oops.

He’s a better scorer (worse shooter) and has a bit more size than Conley. He plays very straight forward and literal tho.

Cross between Conley and Russ is more fair.

GOAT Zion high school youtube

(skip after first 30 seconds)

3 Likes

You got heart, Lionheart.

Wow, I was trying to place the guy I saw in the first episode of The Wire tonight.

It was Van Damme’s homeless buddy (as the guy in Ops). Crazy how the mind works.

lol 5’6 kid has a set shot.

1 Like

Lol yeah I saw that when it happened and was glad to see it resurface.

That’s why Zion was still slightly underrated coming out of HS. The thing people overlook about these kids from small schools is that the opponents throw out all their defensive resources, constant double and triple teams. When teams can’t do that it gets ugly, but I understand people underestimating three random HS bodies impeding offensive progress.

It’s a ‘how many 5yr olds’ situation.

I’d heard it’s also bc his dad (who was his coach) didn’t have him playing AAU.

Must see 19-20 NBA games:

Every
single
Knicks
game.

1 Like

As Seinfeld said in the previews for The Chunnel: It’s a must-miss.

Yeah he didn’t really do the whole circuit. It wasn’t until he played the one of the camp things before his senior season that people started believing the hype.

Like that entire team was in the top250 recruiting class and he made them look like the midget white boys from back home.

1 Like

Same thing happens in fighting.

Elite prospect struggles a bit against a wrestler or two (winning ugly), but then gets matched up among similarly dynamic athletes and starts finishing them bc they’re there for his kind of fight.

1 Like

Damn I miss Zion.

Just realized that Zion backwards is noiz.

somewhat ironic, but the transcript of Zion in Hebrew is literally the word for ‘fuck’.

1 Like

And I knew that fuck backwards is kcuf ever since 8th grade tech class when I used “handcuff” in a sentence because we were going to run the audio in reverse.

1 Like

it makes it pretty hard to write his name in hebrew. So much that they added a vowel there. It’s basically spelled Zayon in the newspapers instead of Zion so it won’t look bad in print.

1 Like