National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Denver might end up being a 7 seed, Jokic is great but ppl still have PTSD about Russ getting it as a higher seed.

For Giannis, they’ve sleptwalk through the season as well.

Giannis and Jokic are both going to break the single season record for PER, and there’s a big gap after the two of them in every advanced metric. Giving it to anyone else would be the biggest joke in NBA MVP history. In all of sports, it would be up there with that time they gave the NFL MVP to a kicker.

The Bucks have had their starting 5 play one game together so far this year. Even discounting Lopez being out(now back and hopefully able to work back into starting lineup by the playoffs), Holiday and Middleton have both missed stretches of time this year too. And they’re still currently the 2 seed in the East.

The servant w an ice cold three w 10 seconds up down 2 to Dallas.

No match for dimwiddie hitting another game winning three, though.

Mavs are probably the worst team with legitimate title equity. That roster is trash but they are playing quite well.

I haven’t seen every Cs game since they traded for Derrick White but I’m confident he’s never made a jump shot in his life.

I’ve been watching for about ten minutes and I have seen one field goal

Yeesh hope Curry is ok

Bucks Big 3 is really rounding into playoff form, playing against a schedule that was supposed to be one of the toughest in the NBA down the stretch. Last 10 games (8-2):

Giannis - 31.5 ppg, 12.8 rpg, 4.9 apg
Middleton - 25.7 ppg, 6.0 apg
Jrue - 20.2 ppg, 7.1 apg

1 Like

That first half was something else. It wasn’t like shots were just rimming out - it was complete brick after brick from both teams. Coming out of the player’s hand you knew the shots had no chance.

Embid going to get 43 tonight vs mavs. Love their defense but embid is one person they are not designed to stop.

Donnie Nelson, the former longtime general manager of the Dallas Mavericks, is suing the team over his June 2021 firing. Nelson alleges that team owner Mark Cuban fired him as retaliation for reporting that his nephew was sexually harassed and sexually assaulted by Jason Lutin, Cuban’s chief of staff, during a job interview. Nelson also alleges that Cuban tried to pay him off, offering him a staggering $52 million to sign a confidentiality agreement and withdraw his wrongful termination claim.

Possible hot take: if Zion was healthy and at the level he was last year, NO could have been where Memphis was this year and a fringe contender.

1 Like

Healthy Zion is an oxymoron.

People would have said the same about Embiid this time into his career, it’s not like his knees are shot he’ll be fine imo.

When healthy he’s a freak of nature so hope he gets back to full health, but I’m getting more Greg Oden than Joel Embiid vibes from him.

Greg Oden averaged what, 7 points or something as a pro? Wasn’t Zion like 27 or something last year?

He obviously has to take better care of your body, but unless you have the knees of an 80 year old I just dont see a 21 year old being out of the league any time soon after averaging 27 a game.

He’s going to get a max contract this off-season. It will be gross, but Wiggins is making the max. Would you rather hope Zion is healthy or pay MPJ, Wiggins etc the same?

MPJ is the one ppl should be worried about imo. Multiple teams passed on him in the draft due to his medicals. Rumors are it was as bad as anyone.

Blazers stink! This is one tank that’s running just fine. Can’t wait for them to get lottery lucky and draft the balsa wood skeleton from Gonzaga

3 Likes

You may be right. There’s something about the high flying way that Zion plays that is basically incongruent with his size, and that makes it hard to extrapolate what his future will be. I can’t recall any 290 pound player that plays above the rim like that but I might be forgetting someone. Young Shaq was very athletic but he had his height to fall back on when necessary. Zion’s problem is that if he becomes “grounded” because of knee trouble that completely changes the player he is, and he’d be pretty disadvantaged against other big men at 6-6 if he had to play a less explosive, athletic game.

The Celtics are good

1 Like