National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

bill russell was a 6’10 center who shot 44% from the field and 50% from the line in a league filled with one wilt chamberlain and 500 white law school dropouts.

sure he’s better than kevin durant.

1 Like

Mugsy Bogues first ballot HOF!

4 Likes

He was also a 5x MVP and 11x NBA Champion who dominated an era like no one else ever has. He’s the career leader in Defensive Win Shares by over 25% more than the next guy. The game was of course completely unrecognizable in comparison to the modern NBA.

1 Like

He was as bad of a shooter as ben wallace but played against laughably bad competition.

No one doubts he was a dominant force at the time, but its ridiculous to think he is even 20% as good as KD is at basketball.

That makes these lists so silly to me.

What you’re pointing out is very well understood by anyone who has these discussions. These lists usually partly take that sort of thing into account while also weighing things like dominance in an era, level of accomplishments, etc to come up with a rough consensus. It’s an imperfect science but that’s going to be the case for basically anything other than track and field where the goal is do the event faster or for greater distance than anyone else.

Turns out a lot of people still like to discuss these things anyway.

3 Likes

people like mayo too. people are silly.

Well not NOW

3 Likes

87 year old Bill Russell is still more clutch than Kevin Durant.

1 Like

We should empty the Halls of Fame every year because those old guys don’t count anymore, IMO.

It’s hilarious that Jrue has the higher cumulative VORP since Embiid entered the league

I have a hard time respecting anyone who puts Kobe in their top ten.

Jrue’s played almost twice as many minutes.

He is the Joe Manchin of basketball

1 Like

Nets big 3 super team looked super scary last night. Hopefully that doesn’t continue lol.

GSW home grown team beating Nets super team in the finals would be beautiful and a flex on KD, but damn that team looks scary as hell. Curry and Klay will have to be on fire in 4 games, but GSW defense could make it happen.

Gianni’s is about to have a whopper of a game against gsw with dray.

Hopefully curry has a great game finally and klay shoots well for his 20 mins

Should be a great one

Jrue out and the other guards are coming off COVID, so that bodes well for Klay and Steph. I may watch later on DVR.

Seems not so great imo:

Lmao absolute massacre. Jesus Christ. Warriors suck. Stephen needs to get it together

and the mitten hurt and ruled out after 4 mins. flat out not having a good time.

i kinda felt all season long that something is off with golden state’s record. steph is less effective this year than ever before. klay wasn’t playing and naturally is still super rusty. wiggins and poole are okay but not much more. they got a deep bench but that only gets you that far. yet they are on their way to a 60+ wins season. maybe it’s just all draymond.

Giannis averaging something like 33/12/8 in 2022 so far.