National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Indy was offering Brogdon.and a 1st, or other packages built around him.

After Philly declined Indy resigned him to an extension which makes him ineligible to be traded this year.

I donā€™t believe this at all. Pacers are notorious for containing leaks. If you hear about it it probably didnā€™t happen. They also came out and said it was false. Brogdon also just signed a 2 year 45 million dollar extension and canā€™t be traded for the rest of the year.

Part of the problem is that his short comings are significant and I think makes it hard for teams to overlook.

In a lot of cases teams might convince themselves a player can improve on their shortcomings. I feel like Simmons creates very little confidence in this regard. So they may be waiting for a long time.

Although o agree it only takes one and many nba teams do dumb things. Philly has to consider the damage happening to their team keeping him around waiting for their price.

I have been oblivious to this off-season and only at the last minute have tried to catch up a tiny bit.

With GS vs the Lakers tonight have a couple questions about the teams.

Is golden state considered a legitimate threat in the West this season? Curry is curry but are they a top four seed, or better?

The lakers are weird to me. Like they replaced everyone but lebron and Davis and arw 80 years old. This is weird to me yet I feel like they are a consensus number 1 pick in the west.is that really whatā€™s going to happen?

gsw are tied for 4th in the west by ā€œvegasā€ win totals

Crossposting from the sports betting thread but new customers to BetMGM can get league pass for a year and a risk free bet if you bet $200 in the next 30 days (certain states)

Giannis is eating the Nets alive. Not a single person on that team that can contain him.

No one in the NBA is going to be able to contain Giannis if heā€™s truly developed a jumpshot like it looks. Bring on another MVP and another Title!

1 Like

Giannis tries as much as anyone jn the league, but if he has the cardio/health to play hard on both ends of the court for 36-38 a game he should be a shoe in MVP.

1 Like

Man, I didnā€™t realize how many injuries the Bucks had to start the season. And now Jrue is out. Nwora and Thanasis getting meaningful minutes is a problem (and Hill, for that matter, but we knew he would).

Bucks +900 to ship looking really good.

They looked dominant tonight. Giannis is a mean mean man.

1 Like

Hopefully Jrue is ok. They say itā€™s a heel contusion, but he did play for a minute after he hurt it. Guessing heā€™ll be out a little bit, but nothing serious.

2 Likes

I do not rate this Lakers team highly and think GSW end up trading their young guys for a prime star while Curry is still playing at this level.

1 Like

This GSW team isnā€™t amazing and some scrubs are playing, but a healthy Klay, Kuminga and Wiseman will want ~70 minutes between them. Where do you find that?

As someone who lives around Sacramento and once in a while gets to SF, i totally get Bjelicaā€™s new lust for life

3 Likes

Lakers seem old and bad apart from Davis and LBJ. Iā€™d normally say give a new time time to gel, but these are all super-veterans so youā€™d hope they wouldnā€™t need as much time. Westbrook in particular seems out of place and a bad fit (not that should be a shock). Good to see heā€™s still got the green light to fire up bad 3s.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Them being the second favorite behind the nets makes zero sense to me

2 Likes

Yeah their bench got crushed last night. Maybe they fall into form but the whole reroster in the off-season was weird.

Certainly hoping to get playoff stretches from a few of these guys but I think the lakers are going to be pretty wobbly.

Chris Duarte gets his NBA start as a rookie, proceeds to score 16 points in like 12 minutes, and then goes to the locker room with an injury. Welcome to the Pacers kid!