National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

This is just going to cause another superteam realignment like the last dumb one that ruined the league.

when was the league unruined?

When Katie died.

weird how these ā€œruining the leagueā€ takes dont get brought up when Lebron and AD went 16-5 last year in the playoffs and won every single series in 5 games or less except for the finals. only when unpopular players like Katie and Kyrie start winning is it considered ruining the league.

I dont think anyone considered the bubble a normal nba experience.

Lakers also gave up a ton of assets for AD. Compare that to what it took to get Harden.

even after the Harden trade the Nets were essentially co-favorites with the Lakers per the Vegas odds at around +300, thatā€™s hardly in ruining the league territory. Go back and read the takes on here and 2p2 after the Harden trade, most people were clowning the Nets for making the trade and saying thereā€™s no way a KD/Kyrie/Harden trio would work out.

I dont remember reading a similar take to that. Most people thought it was lame or exciting we were destined for lakers v bkyn

In retrospect those lines are off. The full strength Nets are on of the best teams in NBA history. The full strength Lakers would be drawing slim.

I never get these kneejerk reactions. The NBA always had super teams. We now have a playoff where whoever wins the championship would do it for the first time in at least 38 years (Philly is the last to win a championship).

The skill level is at an all time high and itā€™s not even close. Lillard, Luka, Kawhi, Booker all had some historic performances.

The only thing I can find to complain about is that the greed of the league (and the players) caused this atrocious schedule and as a result almost all the teams are playing with sub optimal lineups.

I believe you guys that the lack of traveling calls is ruining your enjoyment of the game. I can tell you that youā€™re missing out.

If anything, weā€™ve seen the responses to Portland/Dallas losing being "these guys (lillard/luka) need help.

thatā€™s a very premature declaration. Whoever comes out of the West will challenge them, the East is just a very weak conference and has been for a while now.

And now CP3 out there rewriting narratives. I love just about everything that is happening in this playoffs.

3 Likes

Three days ago Milwaukee would have been a betting favorite vs every West team remaining.

Milwaukee was also betting favorites against Miami last year and Toronto the year before.

I wouldā€™ve hammered phoenix on that. Wish I took a lot bets against the lakers in the west, oh well.

Most of the Milwaukee stuff imo is on Bud. Heā€™s lost multiple series playing Giannis 35 minutes.

They finally decided to put Ben Simmons on Trae? Thank god.

one star canā€™t win alone is what weā€™ve learned Murray out for the nuggets is just too much. Lillard couldnā€™t beat the nuggets by himself, Jokic canā€™t beat the suns by himself.

I still think Suns win even if Murray was healthy, but it would be a series. Looking like a sweep right now

Clippers didnā€™t even wanna playoff last year lol. So far LeBronā€™s stint has been missed / title* / first round, but now if the Nets roll everyone, heā€™s gonna be able to recruit some absolute megastar (or two) to form a purple and gold Voltron. Adam Silver is probably jerking off to the idea right now.