Mushrooms.

A mushroom season started. I was yesterday hiking and found a couple of interesting. Generally if you are serious mushroom hunter or just see a mushroom you are curious about post a picture here. I met yesterday 3 different kinds, that I didn’t know before.

After some googling and conversing with my mom, who has 20 years more of mushroom hunting than me we decided the above to be older mica cap. Edible. Interestingly enough various sources suggest different edibility. In German sources it is said that it is good for soups and that you can’t drink alcohol up to four days after the consumption of it due to coprine. All English sources I read said that it edible without any restrictions. I had today an scrambled eggs with them. Basically roasted them and put two eggs on top. Am still alive. Don’t intend to drink next days.

This below are honey mushrooms. Grow usually on an old tree trunk. Will be made tonight in the dinner with some potatoes plain roasted in a pan.

Third kind is paxillus. It is unedible and pretty dangerous, because it can happen that you eat for a couple of times and everything is fine and only then you Bham! get a poisoning. The exact poison seems to be currently unknown. I threw it away.

I know nothing of mushrooms, but there’s this massive one I see, I think it’s a chicken mushroom.

Probably safe to eat? Not that I will

Chicken of the Woods. Delicious.

1 Like

individual shelfs, it’s in the park across the street from where I live. There was one twice the size last year on a different tree. Since it’s such a heavily populated area I don’t know if I should actually pick it and eat it, dogs have probably urinated on it

Ever find wild psilocybin mushrooms?

What the fuck is corpin? Y’all done bout to die.

oh, they’re edible