MSPaint Night (and other Arts & Crafts) Signup

The hope for this thread is that we will have enough people interested for someone different to lead a new OP month to month or week to week.

During each period, the OP will walk any participants through learning a new/fun skill or activity. This can be silly or fun or gasp useful.

Like if you’re excellent at coding and can teach participants a few basics through some simple exercises or videos, then at the end of the week they’ve got a little code they wrote to remember what fun they had.

Maybe you rule at video editing.

Maybe you make soul collages out of magazine clippings.

The key is for the OP to make most of the decisions for the participants. You tell them what to do like it’s Paint Night, where the instructor walks you through a template with such ease, you can’t believe this painting at the end was really done by you.

Interest? Ideas for what anyone might do for Arts & Crafts week?

1 Like

In. Would be nice if each one had a deadline with a big gallery reveal at the end.

:point_up::point_up::point_up:

Good idea

Nanodaughter is potential interested in some art things. She does crochet, embroidery, painting, drawing…she was a TA in AP Art!!!

I’ll do it if people want to be walked through installing solar or being a bad motherfucker.

2 Likes

That would be terrific.

Ideally, you would walk us through a process we can replicate in our homes. Hopefully to “produce” something, an artifact of the lesson. Anything in service to what you’re teaching.

I have been looking through idea lists and am of half a mind to teach myself something new and simple each week or month and just invite whoever wants to participate along with me. It’ll be like the Tig Natarro clips where people laugh at her for stuff she doesn’t know, except this would be me deliberately trying out stuff I’ve never heard of or done.

But simple stuff anyone could do. Just stuff you never would do without stopping to decide to do it.

Or I’ll forget about it and do nothing at all. Probably that one. There are so many movies to watch.

Which one is your wallet?

2 Likes

I could do a pixel art tutorial if anyone wants to learn that or just gain an appreciation for it. Easy to follow along because you don’t need (1) any special tools/software or (2) elite motor skills. It is sort of like a constrained optimization art problem if the grid size and palette are limited enough.

2 Likes

I would love a pixel tutorial. Very cool.

I hereby consent to be tutaleged

1 Like