Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

I wouldnt call it a romance. Its a solid studio comedy altogether.

Cones of Dunshire

1 Like

Cones of Dunshire Gen Con 2014

1 Like

Exorcist III is on Prime. Worth checking out if you havenā€™t seen it

2 Likes

Seconded. What a strange awesome movie

2 Likes

I never saw it, but I did recently read about it in this old collection of Fangoria reviews.

The cameos in the trivia section at the bottom are so cool. Almost cool enough for me to watch it :popcorn:

Did you watch the new David Gordon Greene sequel? He attempted to repeat what he did for Halloween with a sequel to the first that ignores everything else, but wow did the next two Halloween movies crush any faith I would have had in his take on The Exorcist.

Killers of the Flower Moon was really good, but holy shit it was just too long for one sitting.

I like the ā€œBefore sunriseā€ crossover

https://x.com/Slippery_Jack/status/803253325844062208

(some other ones in the twitter thread)

2 Likes

The Rocky and Man on Wire ones are great

1 Like

Jeffrey Reddick ā€“ who wrote the initial screenplay for the original Final Destination and contributed to Final Destination 2 ā€“ has previously said that the new movie will be shaking up the formula and expanding the universe.

Jon Watts, director of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far from Home, and Spider-Man: No Way Home, is producing the sixth film in the Final Destination franchise with Dianne McGunigle, Sheila Hanahan Taylor, and Craig Perry ā€“ and entertainment industry scooper Daniel Richtman just revealed the plot synopsis for the new film.

The film will be directed by the duo of Zach Lipovsky and Adam B. Stein, who previously directed the 2018 film Freaks (starring Emile Hirsch and Bruce Dern) and the 2019 live-action Kim Possible movie.

Freaks was VERY good. I call it the anti-Marvel movie. Reminds me of Room (2015), except in this story the parent is deliberately keeping their kid trapped in this house forā€¦reasons.

Itā€™s streaming for free (for now) almost everywhere you can find it.

Room is a great example of me not understanding why I force myself to watch deeply unpleasant things simply because theyā€™re good art.

1 Like

Iā€™m in no rush to see KoFM, since I already know how Native Americans were systematically cheated, abused and massacred throughout our history. I donā€™t need to view Scorseseā€™s take on it.

I can definitely understand. It feels fairly arbitrary which points of unpleasantness fall into ā€œI donā€™t want to sit through thisā€ and which ones donā€™t. Watching bad shit happening to kids just causes a greater physical revulsion in me than lots of other things that are no less bad.

1 Like

I hear you. It may hit me differently now that Iā€™ve done so much work to heal my childhood, but for a long time, I loved the story because it felt deeply cathartic to ā€œseeā€ a cinematic representation of my experiences growing up in a cult and then half escaping/half being abandoned in hospitals as a teenager. My world felt just as small as Room and sometimes was literally not much different.

3 Likes

Yeah, we have very different backgrounds from what youā€™ve said, I can definitely see where youā€™re coming from there.

1 Like

Oh man, this is gonna suuuuuuuuck

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/five_nights_at_freddys

1 Like

The funniest part is this will somehow still have a better RT score than The Dark Tower

Were you a fan of the game??

Not particularly, no. However, I have been a fan of Game/Film Theory for a long time and the lore of the games have been examined ad nauseum

1 Like

I totally get that. Sometimes the lore and the community can be the most interesting component of an IP.

1 Like