Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

hell yeah

3 Likes

Saw this tonight and I think youā€™re correct, I get what itā€™s going for and itā€™s well done in that way but yea not particularly enjoyable

1 Like

Watching Rounders for the first time in like 20 years. Time flies.

3 Likes

Unbelievably hyped for Dune 2.

4 Likes

I remember when I was just a young pup who didnā€™t understand what a ridiculously bad play that was by Mike in the opening scene.

1 Like

Supposedly All of us strangers coming to Hulu on 22nd of this month

Gonna go see teachers lounge tmw night probably

1 Like

Thanks to the novelization, it is finally time for you to hear what happened when Mike went to the WSOP.

What Happened to Mike McDermott After the End of Rounders? - PokerStake.

In the closing pages of the book, the answer is revealed. Mike never saw Worm again and became a big winner at the game of poker, if not at life. While he got married, it ended badly and although he owns two houses, he never returned to New York and instead spends his time on the West Coast.

Having met a new girlfriend post-divorce, Mike survives a skin cancer scare brought on by too much of the high life, but his heart still beats for Jo and he is left to wonder whether leaving her in the Big Apple was the worst fold he ever made.

2 Likes

Jo was amazing

2 Likes

Sheā€™s a big B imo. Mike made some good points before he went on a heater and felt good enough to forgive her. I do like Gretchen Mol in general.

How am I just now learning there is a book version of Rounders?

1 Like

It sold about a dozen copies lol. I was surprised as well.

Iā€™ve thought that Robin Williams saying, ā€œthat son of a bitch, he stole my lineā€ was hacky, just clobbering the audience over the head to tell them that this is an obvious call-back, and that it would clearly play better by just letting him sell the moment by reacting wordlessly. But my YT algorithm recently fed me a clip of Matt Damon saying that they actually scripted it with no words, and that was a Williams ad-lib.

Knowing that it was an actor being in the moment and making a choice instead of trying to make a tortured line work does make it feel less hacky to me.

3 Likes

Saw SIX last year. Was great

1 Like

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1755683824032153921?s=20

You son of a bitch, Iā€™m in.

4 Likes

Wife has not seen tropic thunder. So we watched it

How did this movie get made. Itā€™s only 15 years old

5 Likes

This right here, on first go, was a gasping-for-air laugh moment.

1 Like

Its funny Hamilton got brought up here tonight. My wife and I just watched Blindspotting with Daveed Diggs. Excellent movie, 5/5

1 Like

Tom Cruise deserved an Oscar for Tropic Thunder.

2 Likes

I like the movie. Just forgot how politically incorrect it is.

Donā€™t see a lot of movies saying retards 100 times.

Tropic Thunder is awesome. Maybe Iā€™m broken but I canā€™t get offended about the blackface in that. Same with Trading Places.

1 Like