Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Pay attention to the opening dialogue. Her character just got into the business. She is NOT a pro. I think most people hear the brief line but don’t need to remember it because it’s what she conveys in the performance. I think that’s in part why audiences easily bought her leaving the life and getting a happily ever after with Edward, whereas the real situation would be a lot more like the movie Tangerine.

1 Like

This is a top tier punchline

2 Likes

He’s performing by me in August - I’m hoping to go.

2 Likes

1 Like

Does everyone in the audience talk a lot while he mingles as an extra or is this an everyone is an extra kind of show

He’s a stand-up comedian. He’s very good at crowd work.

1 Like

Apparently I can go ahead and give up telling my own jokes lol swing and miss

1 Like

Or maybe I’m just a bad audience.

1 Like

I’ll think of this while you’re at the show :wink:

https://twitter.com/JortsTheCat/status/1679938611955859456?s=20

lmao hellboy is gonna burn your house down if you don’t make a deal with the unions

Would you mind posting screenshots

The links don’t render and I don’t want to waste my limited views. Or have a reason to visit Twitter at all lol.

Actually I think also the links don’t work unless you have an account so probs a few of us are missing the significance of your links

1 Like

Oppenheimer kind of makes me want to watch a movie in a theater, which I haven’t done in years. Probably won’t, though. Definitely would if they had scenes from when he tried to kill his tutor with a poisoned apple.

it’s a video of ron pearlman on instagram live or tiktok or something and he’s saying, “there’s a lot of ways to lose a house, and everybody knows who you are and where you live” it’s pretty gangster

2 Likes

Did you happen to hear the 5+ minute discussion of snacks as meals? Their banter isn’t really a big deal, and mostly fine, but it felt a little excessive today

Haven’t listened to this one yet. Looking forward to checking it out

1 Like

Is that the same one where one of them was blown away by the notion of a person cooking a steak for just themselves? Because that was weird and was kind of a throwaway. But I do generally find them to have a very amusing dynamic whether they’re on-topic or off-topic.

I just watched The Day After Trinity and they didn’t mention this as I recall. They did mention Enrico Fermi at the Trinity site taking side bets as to whether the entire state would be destroyed, I got a kick out of that.

lol. I’m not sure. It was the episode posted yesterday about the strike but I fast-forwarded through most of the prattle so may have missed it

I only know about the Oppenheimer thing because of Hank Green. According to him, Oppie got academic probation.

I think Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) is on Pluto rn. Idk if worthwhile. Edit: read Ebert’s review. He said it stinks.

They just celebrated their fifteen year anniversary!!

LMAO their very first review was an Indiana Jones movie lollllllll

1 Like

I’m kind of interested in Oppenheimer’s story after the bomb when he became its biggest opponent begging people to forget his biggest accomplishment. He got so loud the US treated him like a terrorist and his legacy became something else for a while.

And yet I say again I don’t see what Nolan will bring to this story that I don’t get from Wikipedia. A bunch of old white dudes have been singing its praises but I am not moved.