Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

For the love of God was the eyeball really necessary? Like everyone would just shake that off and go back to playing.

I’d watch LT in a lot of movies.

The Sharks must have the worst O-line in NFL history. So many free rushers to the QB, even right up the middle.

Also the Knights might want to think about double-covering 9 routes when the Sharks have 30 seconds to go 80 yards.

Never seen Replacements. May have to watch that soon.

If the Rewatchables does it, I’ll watch it. Except The Notebook. Fuck that. Ryan Gosling’s character is a dickhead.

1 Like

I think they talked about Ryan Gosling’s character in that movie being a dickhead. Even with the movies they like, it’s not like they whitewash the reality of the characters. I found it really amusing to listen to them go to town on Mr. Holland during the Mr. Holland’s Opus episode.

1 Like

IMG_6362

Is it at all comforting to know that character got old and now looks like James Garner?

2 Likes

Just watched Moulin Rouge for the first time. Thought it was delightful, even though I struggled to care about the final act. This didn’t seem like a great use of “tell the audience the ending at the beginning,” but whatever, I was overall quite entertained. 7.5/10.

3 Likes

Awesome!!! Ewan once again stealing every scene.

Did you recognize John Leguizamo???

I think that’s a movie I’ve best revisited often through the soundtrack and music videos.

Sort of like how the Simple Minds music video for Don’t You Forget About Me is the perfect encapsulation of the movie The Breakfast Club.

Better than Elton John.

Elephant Love Medley is hilarious and yet moving.

Until you just named Leguizamo, no I didn’t, but I can immediately place that being him now.

Loved the use of “The Show Must Go On” near the end, but I’m just a sucker for that song in general.

1 Like

There’s a broadway version of this out now that adds a ton of songs and is also delightful.

1 Like

Yeah I was just looking up whether this was an adaptation of an existing stage musical (rather than apparently the other way around), and honestly assumed that answer would be yes, but apparently no. I would definitely go watch this as a live show too.

1 Like

I love that movie.

1 Like

I’ve never been able to get past how much of a dick Christian is to Satine at the end. Has always taken me out of the movie.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll say I definitely didn’t like that either. Didn’t significantly harm the movie for me though.

Costa del Lex, Otisburg… Otisburg?

1 Like

It’s a little bitty place

1 Like

These were all movies I loved as a little kid, Major Payne was my favorite. Bulletproof was probably one of the first R rated movies I saw

1 Like

Watching Hoosiers now in my quest to stay ahead of Rewatchables podcasts. I think this might be my favorite sports movie.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/VpTafaZKwSo?start=4230&

1 Like