Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I killed many many many hours on MK2, UMK3, and Street Fighter Alpha.

on the topic of recognizable actors doing voice acting, iā€™m an audiobook nut and picked up this one randomly called Solaris, which is narrated by the officer from the battlestar galactica show with the one leg. heā€™s good, as far as random sci fi audiobook narrators go. but at the same time i canā€™t not fully visualize him as he was on that show, and itā€™s kind of taking me out of the story. and heā€™s not famous, like, barely at all. i havenā€™t seen him in anything since battlestar galactica.

audible also makes episodic radio plays, and the best one starred natasha lyonne and itā€™s called Space: 1969 and itā€™s natasha lyonne as her usual character that we all know and love, not putting on a voice at all, as a fast-talking chain-smoking nurse in space. and her speaking voice is SO unique that it MEGA enhanced a pretty dumb (but funny, dumb on purpose and funny) audiobook. like thereā€™s no moment where i wasnā€™t reminded that this is natasha lyonne, and it was enthralling.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Weā€™ve had everything but a plague of locusts on this thing lol

Name that movie

star

Darth Vader vs T-Rex

Robocop vs a Ferengi and Cardasian soldier

Oh lol and thereā€™s Yoda

Gtfo the movie was directed by Yoda too?!

2 Likes

1 Like

Also, I think Gone Baby Gone is a better film than The Town. Thatā€™s three pretty good directing efforts.

1 Like

LILY C.A.T. (1987)

OK, this movie totally rules. There is an old saying musicians have that mediocre musicians borrow ideas from other artists while great musicians steal ideas outright. This is an 80ā€™s anime that shamelessly rips off Alien and The Thing and Iā€™m into it

It looks great if you enjoy the anime of this era, the story takes some wild twists at a snappy pace while still blatantly ripping off other movies. It was way more competent than I expected. Strong recommend if you want an 80ā€™s nostalgia buzz or just like gritty sci-fi anime.

Also it is on youtube for free for some reason:

(PS: The soundtrack rules, pump it up)

1 Like

Hey just wanted to tell you I just watched Possessor which you recommended itt and it ruled. If people like fucked up movies they should def watch this, otherwise avoid lol.

Possessor rules school. One of the best arthouse horror films Iā€™ve seen in a very long time.

2 Likes

none of you dumbasses knows

3 Likes

Hey, an HBO original coming to MAX in 2024!

(looks cool)

1 Like

So I couldnā€™t sleep Saturday night because I was sick, so I looked for something on the tube to try to distract myself from how I was feeling (it didnā€™t work). Watched the first half of Men, gave up because of how bad I felt, but then I finished it this afternoon at lunch.

Umā€¦what the fuck?

Ive had this on my list but havent gotten to it. What streamer is it on?

Showtime

Itā€™s stunning that we have not gotten, at the very least, a Zelda cartoon if not a feature film. Someone is asleep at the wheel over there.

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me Lol_lmao

5 Likes

Netflix just announced it will stop the DVD mail service at the end of September. I might be one of the last people using the service, but I did find quite a few things there that werenā€™t available on any streamers, so Iā€™m going to miss it.