Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Don’t think the married couple ever made the transition over here.

So close!

Depends on if you consider bots people, but that’s kinda AI-phobic

Al Bundy

Who could be afraid of Al Bundy?

2 Likes

LOLLLLLL

That’s awesome. The quadrilogy will now be complete.

Her
M3gan
R0n

And finally…Al.

1 Like

Tar

I was simultaneously bored and interested in this movie so it took me about a week to finish it. It’s definitely not a screed against social justice warriors. The clip of her “take down” of a SJW was so weirdly edited and when it surfaced it quickly disappeared. The #Metoo part of the movie was the more critical part of it. Where I was bored was that it was dry for the most part, very blue filter, minimalistic, grey concrete and conservative clothing, but every 5 minutes or so the score and/or a shot would be just a bit off kilter, a bit too hyperrealistic that you felt like something just wasn’t quite right.

She Said

Yglesias called this a super hero movie but for journalists, but in my mind it’s worse than that. I wouldn’t mind a journalist movie that doesn’t take itself so seriously or was written with the beats of a Marvel movie, but this one is like if someone asked a ChatGT to write a Academy Award winning movie in the style of Marvel. Every scene is high drama with dramatic music, people saying dramatic things is a plain and obvious way. Weinsteins lawyer feels like the worst lawyer ever. The guy was easily guilted into providing information to the journalists. There’s another scene were the NY Times reporter shows up at a Miramax exec’s house and while the guy’s wife is present asks him about the ‘payouts’ and he gets this pained look on his face and his wife turns to him and says 'what payouts?" done in the exact way as if the reporter had asked him about his using hookers on the company dime. It’s all a bit too dramatic and silly for me to take it seriously.

I watched Heat last week after Tom Sizemore’s death.

It just felt dated and boring. Maybe it would have been better on the big screen.

I turned it off half-way through and have yet to finish it.

Wat

4 Likes

So I guess this isn’t you?

https://twitter.com/STANLEY_WS/status/1636738372319461376

2 Likes

Ah wow, A Wounded Fawn is very good. Indie slasher horror film with a feminist subtext, made by the director of Jakob’s Wife. Has an interesting look to it. It’s kind of like Jakob’s Wife with just a hint of Panos Cosmatos. If zested Panos Cosmatos and gave your slasher movie a light zest of Panos, that is what it is like. It’s great. There’s a bit of Eraserhead in it as well.

I’ve heard some shit in my day but this is a scorcher

Quick let’s reenact the diner scene between De Niro and Pacino before my heart stops beating

1 Like

No joke, in high school my bro and I could recite like half of that scene from memory. I ran with some dipshit crews.

2 Likes

You’re so ugly, you could be a modern art masterpiece. What’s your name, fat-body?

1 Like

your days of fingerbanging ms. fat booty rotten-crotch through her purtty pink panties
are over!

you’re married to this piece.
This weapon of iron and wood

And you will be faithful!

Rewatched Master and Commander. Still a great movie. Don’t make them like that anymore.

2 Likes

Ya it’s great. It’s also why I loath superhero movies. They are the reason why a film like this cannot be made anymore.

Fuck marvel so hard! :grin:

3 Likes

They can be made.

Look at Fury Road.

Disney isn’t the problem, streaming is. Take away DVD sales and mid tier budget movies are a financial risk.

Fury road was made before 90% of marvel films.

Streaming is what is keeping some mid-budget films alive. It’s not killing them.

Absolutely unwatchable films made by marvel are sucking up huge swaths of studios budgets and filling half of screens in every theatre.

Marvel is the cancer of the film industry.

2 Likes