Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Written by Stephen King, the book was awesome and the movie is just awesome in a different way.

Thats in all of them.

The Broadway version of Predator

Iā€™m genuinely astonished that Conan isnā€™t everyoneā€™s #1 answer.

1 Like

Lamentations of the Trolly

1 Like

Twins

Come at me bro

1 Like

Thereā€™s no wrong answer. Heā€™s the greatest movie star ever.

I saw Arnold and his motorcycle buddies having breakfast in Malibu a couple of years ago, they were at the table next to ours. My son and his friend didnā€™t know who he was :frowning:

1 Like

I challenge anyone to try to identify which is which in these photos with 100% accuracy. Hell Iā€™m still not sure they are two separate people.

2 Likes

What a career. Even his generic, formulaic, forgettable action movies were at least solid entertainment.

1 Like

Man, Elvis has a legit shot at winning an Oscar for acting, and a Razzie for acting at the same time.

But crazy enough, it wouldnā€™t be the first time that ever happened

Wall Street, Michael Douglas best actor, Daryl Hannah worst supporting actress

EDIT: Looking at it just a bit longer. I would bet hard Hanks actually wins a Razzie for Elvis. Best Actor still a coinflip between Butler and Fraser.

2 Likes

https://medium.com/translating-everything/youll-never-watch-the-matrix-the-same-way-again-5c7ca0156977?sk=e7f775cc7663cd4b102bfeedc6c672ca

1 Like

Gone Girl is such an amazing movie. It never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.

2 Likes

Just casually watched Bloodshot while doing my work (or was I casually working while watching Bloodshot?). It wasnā€™t great, wasnā€™t bad. Itā€™s kind of hard to explain. It clearly could have been so much more, could have been a really cool start to a comic book movie franchise, but didnā€™t quite get there.

Action sequences and VFX were cool (edit: the final, big fight was not great). Idea was cool and overall pretty well done. Climax, while not awesome, did have a really neat fist pump, super hero reveal-type moment. Agree with one review that said it opted for pacing over character development, which is fine if you are focused on watching, but I focused on work for a bit and totally missed a key plot point, it went by so fast.

It just never really got ā€œthere.ā€ And while Vin Diesel was theoretically a good pick for the title role, his performance was flat. I think if they would have turned the dial slightly more toward character development and had a more dynamic actor in the lead, it would have been a lot better. The elements were there, just didnā€™t stick the superhero landing. It did set itself up for sequels.

1 Like

Fincher is the GOAT!

He may very well be the GOAT at elevating material that might otherwise be too over the top and schlocky.

I will definitely buy movies at gas stations.

https://twitter.com/RedLightning420/status/1632493460728213504?t=sm2EhgTpqsAd9AGF8PzVfQ&s=19

4 Likes

Jason Bourne and Captain Sparrow LMAOOOOOOO

What is the greatest outsider art movie and why is it 1978ā€™s Rockers?