Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Wait I saw a brief flash of pink amidst the sea of hair. Ok now it’s rated X.

Wait, what? Parents guide?

Oh yeah:

1 Like

When rereleased as Italian Stallion , the film was distributed to movie theaters for $10,000 a night, about which Stallone commented “Hell, for $10,000 forget the movie! I’ll be there myself!”

lol

IDK whether this works better as an apertif or digestif, but Patrick Willems gives a Stallone retrospective that made me appreciate his filmography in a new way.

Digestif, thanks.

1 Like

We as a society don’t talk often enough about how great the Expendables scene with Stallone and Mickey Rourke is. Like what the hell I thought we were just here to goof around and have a fun campy action movie what is this Oscarbait doing here.

On an unrelated note, now that Michelle Yeoh is getting more recognition, it is an important time to realize how much the In The Line of Duty franchise rules.

Curious how anyone could say Tenet or Fury was their favorite movie, also it’d be amazing if anyone even mentioned they saw Primer in the first place.

Love me some primer

3 Likes

Seems like an awful list but I am not a film bro

Using some time off work in the next weeks as an opportunity to catch up on some long runtime movies I’ve missed (recs welcome !)

Started with RRR : I don’t think I’m as high on this movie as most of you as I thought it lost some steam after the first third and there was a bit too much filler scenes, but wow all the over-the-top slow-motion action sequences are amazing. The scene where the heroes meet (bridge action sequence cutting into movie title and musical montage afterwards) is pure perfection, every time I rewatch it I’m getting a bit more hyped up (it’s running in the background as I type, almost makes me want to erase the first line of this paragraph lol)

2 Likes

M3GAN annoys me because my brain wants to call it “M-three-gan.” Also, it’s bullshit that it gets a “3” in the title when it’s not the third installment in a series. Is the sequel going to be M3GAN2? It’s just ridiculous.

6 Likes

There’s a restaurant (chain?) in SoCal called 9021Pho. Annoys me to no end.

1 Like

There’s a city in Texas called Keene pronounced KEEN. A pho restaurant came in and named their restaurant Pho Keene. The city made them change it

1 Like

You start off with “Megan” and then do something dumb like “Megan II” for the sequel. Only after you’ve put the work in do you get to drop “M3GAN” as the title of the third film and blow everyone’s mind. You have to earn that, though.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for MEG4N

8 Likes

M3G4N is going to be the awkward franchise reboot where they find an old M3GAN prototype in an abandoned murder robot factory and they call it “M3G4N: Origins” or some shit.

1 Like

I’ve just been told that the planned sequel is going to be “M3GAN 2.0” as if it’s still the late 90’s or something. This is not a joke. I need to take a gummy and lie down, this is all too much for me.

1 Like

And number 5 will be M3gan: Revelations

Axe Wielding Hitchhiker

A short documentary about Caleb Lawrence McGillvar, who rose to internet viral fame for stopping a man from attacking a woman by hitting him with an axe. A couple of years late he himself was convicted of murder.

Its exactly how you imagine the situation turned out to be. The internet liked a a short TV spot of a goofy sounding hitchhiker who seemed to be a hero, but anyone who actually spent any amount of time with the guy could instantly tell he was mentally ill. He gets on late night TV, agents try to do other viral things with him but his mental illness means he can’t do anything so he goes back to be homeless.

The odd thing about the documentary is that it’s clear from the getgo that he’s mentally ill but the documentary doesn’t really frame it that way except for a short interview with his cousin who says he thinks he’s mentally ill. The rest of it is framed like he’s just an odd guy as he’s ranting about chemtrails and stuff.

It’s never quite clear why he murdered the guy but I guess that’s the point with mental illness

Anyone see Little Joe (2019)

Trailer looks creepy AF :popcorn:

Yeah that all sounds about right.

I watched Keep Sweet, Pray & Obey, also on Netflix, which is about fundamentalist mormons and Rulan & Warren Jeffs. I’ve already consumed just about every bit of media about these folks available, but there was still some extremely fucked-up creepy stuff that I hadn’t heard before. And the story is told in a very personal way by people who were involved. So it’s worth a watch imo.

1 Like