Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Speaking of, the entire TV series was added to Prime today.

1 Like

If wreck-it-ralph came out today, would the crazies accuse Disney of shit because Ralph says ā€œThanks Satanā€ at one point?

They also sing along to American Idiot thinking the same thing.

Trying to watch ā€œWhite Noiseā€, the Noah Baumbach movie with Adam Diver on Netflix. Very much not enjoying it.

Same!!! I thought holy shit if the whole movie is like this wtf

This has caused me to review the films of Noah Baumbach. The only one I can recall liking is perhaps his least known (Mr. Jealousy). Marriage Story was good, but I wouldnā€™t say I liked it.

1 Like

Yeah, this and Uncut Gems are two recent-ish movies that I guess Iā€™d describe as good, but youā€™d have to physically restrain me Clockwork Orange-style for me to watch them again.

1 Like

4 Likes

The 100 greatest movie insults

Part 1

Part 2

1 Like

Between Robocop and Starship Troopers Verhoeven is king at this. Never got around to Show Girls, but could maybe qualify too.

Everybody got aids and shit!

1 Like

Lol goddamn

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/greggooc/status/1613970441403498509?t=yrzeNWJQQgxVpW-C7fOhYw&s=19

2 Likes

Iā€™m only seven minutes in but Iā€™m pretty sure Caliber 9 is the greatest movie of all time.

Iā€™m sorry this soundtrack is the illest thing Iā€™ve ever heard.

https://twitter.com/MelBrooks/status/1613948752796213249

2 Likes

Caliber 9 is like what if James Bond was Italian and somehow even cooler than James Bond. What the hell, this movie owns.

This actually appeared on Amazon Prime here last year and I was pretty excited to press play on it, but then it turned out to be one of those where they inexplicably only have it in a French dubbed version. I was extremely annoyed and didnā€™t end up watching it.

I should try to find another way to watch it !

Itā€™s on Criterion. Most outrageous soundtrack Iā€™ve heard since TheGood the Bad and the Ugly.

Looks like: ā€œDrunk History, the Movieā€.