Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

And Bob gets fucked again.

2 Likes

And BCS gets fucked again.

How this show is going to end a 6 season run with 0 fucking awards is a travesty

3 Likes
1 Like

Did anyone actually see Fabelmans? Judging by the BO #s… seems unlikely.

Is the academy like, not?

It’s a pretty good Network show. Network being non-cinematic, simple three camera shots, hokum stories. Swank is a high flying beltway journalists gets banished from journalism because she did some poor reporting ( or did she?) on a high ranking General. An old friend asks her to be a part of the Alaska Daily, the local newspaper for Alaska and she accepts.

Along the way she’ll deal with someone murdering native American women with impunity because local law enforcement are dumb and racist and find cover ups that the powers that be don’t want uncovered and learn the power of friendship and respect with the small town folk.

It’s pretty good as far as network shows go. Not award winning acting though.

Reactions from Coppola and Driver to the piece I posted yesterday itt

Coppola

To them, I say, ha, ha, just wait and see.

Driver

All good here! Not sure what set you’re talking about!

Not familiar with the credibility of these outlets so not sure who to believe…dlk you really need to get out there and get us some intel !

1 Like

I had no idea…

3 Likes

Yeah, its what makes his role in EEAAO so compelling. He had like 3 roles as a kid actor and then couldnt get any work for 30 years until The Daniels essentially wrote Waymond with him in mind.

2 Likes

tbf, they made a ton of changes since that LA Times article came out, including the fact that it’s been bought by another entity since then who supposedly cleaned house.

https://twitter.com/Dorianlynskey/status/1612870672224555011

7 Likes

So happy to read your post and then see this:

Quan is due to star in the second season of ‘Loki’

2 Likes

1 Like

Thats awesome. Im not a fan personally, but I will be happy to watch and support his comeback. He really deserves every award he’s received for EEAAO which at this point I believe he is 28 wins out of 28 nominations. He has to be far away odds on for the oscar which is crazy in an oscar race with Gleeson and Kehogan, but he essentially played three outstanding roles in a single movie, all nuanced and great.

1 Like

RoboCop remains undefeated in the arena of pop culture that America inexplicably missed the point of.

4 Likes

Btw I watched it for the third time leading into the globes, and after 7 months or so since my last watch… its still fucking incredible. Probably better than the first time I watched it. There is so much to get on rewatch, being able to catch background details and really focusing on the struggle of Evelyn and Joy’s relationship, and Waymond’s unending optimism in all timelines, even when that optimism is dampened by cynicism in the movie star timeline.

Its beautiful, and for as fun as the movie is, I 100% take away more and more of the heart of the movie with each watch. If a movie on my third watch still sticks with me where I realize Im thinking about it randomly during the day, days later, thats a damn fine movie and experience.

3 Likes

BR2049:

4 Likes

Over Fight Club? I’m not so sure.

4 Likes

amazing