Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Killers of the Flower Moon was shot here and is an adaptation of a nonfiction book about a string of Native American murders here. I thought it was a big, hyped up deal, but I don’t have an objective view of the project.

1 Like

Dunkirk is the one Nolan film I found too boring to finish. Gimme that lol sci-fi Nolan all day erryday.

Except Tenet. I’d rather have another Nolan movie I never watch than another Tenet.

Family lore dictates that my mother took me to see Bambi when I was 6 or something and I told her I hated her.

1 Like

I was fairly disappointed by the book. Super interesting story, and I thought there was enough content for basically a magazine article, but not nearly enough for a full length book.

I’ll definitely see the movie but I don’t have high expectations.

Jesus lol. Guessing that one didn’t make it to the inventory :crazy_face:

1 Like

Speaking of upcoming movies, this one won’t be coming out this year but Coppola has been shooting a high budget sci fi with a strong cast (driver, fishburne,…) which he financed with his own money.

Now reports are coming in that the production is in trouble, with a bunch of staff quitting mid shoot etc…

I think there’s probably a >50% chance that this indeed turns out a wreck (at 82 yo Coppola must not have the same energy he had in the 70s), but maybe we can hope there’s a small chance that he pulls it off again ? (I love that the article says “this is giving strong Apocalypse Now vibes” as if it’s a bad thing)

Sorry all, it’s my fault.

you’re doing some extra work on that set ? sick brag (+ is there any inside info you can share ? :smiley: )

I’m actually not - I just haven’t had the time to do any extra work lately because it requires a full commitment of full days away from the family. I’ve seen plenty of casting calls for it, though.

Hopefully I’ll get back into it sometime soon.

My son did some extra work over the summer. It was funny - he was one of a few kids cast for a school scene. We didn’t have much information about the production, so I jokingly said, “I bet it’s a faith-based show or something.”

Sure enough, it was some Christian thing about a family who moves to a farm or something and discovers a horse that changes their lives. We now call it the “Jesus horse” show.

3 Likes

dlk9s once again delaying production to tell the crew that admittedly cool story about the one time he met the karate kid

Ponied

I pissed myself and they had to stop production to deal with me. (I almost did piss myself on one set - I was actually looking around to see if there was somewhere I could duck behind to relieve myself. Lunch break came just in time.)

To be fair, you’d shown them your crane kid parody about a dozen times. You were tired.

My one regret is not being an extra playing an extra on The Truman Show. So meta.

Ari Aster has a new movie and - surprise, surprise - it’s kind of fucked up

2 Likes

I will burn every copy of this movie to the ground if the ending reveals

it is the conclusion to the “LOL Fuck You” trilogy in which the main character finds out it was all a virtual reality simulation.

For previous LOL Fuck You installments, please see Serenity and Don’t Worry Darling

1 Like

You might enjoy this review of Serenity

1 Like

Folding Ideas!!! Lol haven’t seen this one but loved his video on Suicide Squad and his video on NFTs is an absolute must watch.

1 Like

@RiskyFlush Serenity is another great episode of How Did This Get Made!

1 Like

I’ll boot it up as soon as I finish this Folding Ideas vid! At this rate I can uninstall JustWatch (at least for a few days) :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: