Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I am ready

1 Like

Looks amazing. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed by an A24 production.

I’ll be honest, I got a few goosebumps. I’m a sucker for this stuff. Looks great.

And I love that it’s stayed in the Reitman directing family.

One thing Hollywood definitely could use more of is nepotism.

1 Like

This is the good kind of nepotism, though. It’s not like Jason Reitman is a bad director.

Was that Vinz Clortho busting out of the Walmart?

Btw, I had to look up the spelling because I always thought it was VINCE Clortho.

I like my way better

Sounds like a character from the Streets of Rage video games.

(also, yes, that was one of the Terror Dogs - I watched the trailer twice and only noticed the second time because I was entranced by Paul Rudd on the first watch)

1 Like

I know. One of the few movies I’m excited for.

The song for the trailer is also great

For anyone who hasnt seen it, the Shudder original movie Scare Me starring thw astonishingly talented Aya Cash is now available to stream on Amazon.

This movie had my favorite sound mixing of 2020. Trust me when I say to turn off all the lights and crank the surround. Then come thank me

https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1420109565069303819

Hooper Penn looks like the son of Ringo Starr and Owen Wilson.

1 Like

Movie night with the wife tonight and I could use some recommendations on what to watch. The kicker is that I just bought a LG C1 OLED so I want something to show off the tech a bit. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Scare Me, available on Amazon.

Great use of light, dark, and sound design, and incredibly well acted

1 Like

moratorium on recommending movies that cant crack 6.0 on imdb plz

1 Like

BR2049
Thor: Ragnarok
Fury Road

5 Likes

Most of the best recent films are at 5 or 6 on IMDb. Anything that is all 10s and 1s has a great chance of being a good film. If a film doesn’t have lots of 1 star consumer reviews there’s very little chance that its a good film.

I support all of these as well

Fine.

Tilted, the obvious recommendation is The Room

1 Like

Examples?

One of the best films of the past few years. 6.9

3 Likes