Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Wtf! I am so in.

1 Like

Why is it labeled for a 2020 film but showing clips from ā€œKnowingā€?

The premise is he is paid to do a rich drug lords party and is forced to recreate some of his most iconic roles.

1 Like

TimeCrimes is the last film that really blew me away.

Low key blown away but still.

1 Like

Same. Itā€™s one of the movies that persuaded me foreign films hold treasures Iā€™ve neglected too long out of hesitation with the dubs or subtitles. They demand my full attention.

1 Like

Itā€™s combination of minimalism and integrous time travel plot writing is unique. ā€œMindfuckā€ is an apt description. Just talking about it has my brain itching.

I spoilered the above to keep it Pony boy golden for anyone who hasnā€™t seen it.

1 Like

Thought Kaufman might have written it when I first saw Cage. Less excited but still looks interesting.

I just had a lifelong friend whose taste in movies Iā€™ve never once questioned recommend Hillbilly Elegy to me. This was right after I read a HuffPo article where it was listed as one of the 8 Worst Netflix Movies of 2020.

Now Iā€™m wondering if maybe Trump really did win :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If you think you can compete with Netflix, thatā€™s how you do it.
Wonder Woman, Matrix, Dune are gigantic releases.

1 Like

That kind of content blows anything netflix does out of the water. Sadly I donā€™t think those movies wonā€™t be released like that in Canada. :(

Actually for me these days itā€™s barely even worth keeping a sub to netflix. Honestly I probably would cancel but my parents use my sub and they seem to watch a netflix a fair amount more than I do. To be fair tho content is lacking on all platforms right now due to covid.

1 Like

Netflix is hard to cancel because they do seem to put out something thatā€™s at least a peek all the time. Way more so than any other streamer other than Amazon.

1 Like

Ya thatā€™s true. Like Disney plus I cancelled earlier this year but then re-subbed this month to watch the Mandolorian. After that Iā€™ll probably cancel again until something else comes up worth watching.

Maybe I should start some kind of rotation of streaming platforms.

1 Like

It does not seem like this content will be on crave. Crave is a decent deal because it includes showtime and other stuff though.

black bear lmao donā€™t bother wtf was this? Only for Hollywood indie movie jerkoff fans. Terrible. I take back everything good I said about Aubrey Plaza.

Does this HBO Max thing let me watch Watchmen?

1 Like

yus

2 Likes

Just caught most of Spider-Man: Far From Home while I was doing some work. I enjoyed it when I saw it in the theater, but felt it was a step below Homecoming. This go-around, it was a lot better than I remembered. There are a couple scenes, in particular, where they did a great job with Peter Parkerā€™s character. And the post-credits scene is a heck of a cliff hanger.

2 Likes

Now watch Venomā€¦