Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I’ve only watched the cast intros, but here’s the cast of Scott Pilgrim reuniting for a table read:

1 Like

Guess this could go in the TV or movies thread:

https://twitter.com/PatinkinMandy/status/1285963433419169794

Has anyone seen Booksmart, with Kaitlyn Dever and Beanie Feldstein? I have it in my to watch list.

It’s awesome.

1 Like

One of our bar (now online) league trivia questions last week was name the movie that featured Samuel L. Jackson, James Earl Jones and Cuba Gooding, Jr. We were the only ones to get it right. :raised_hands:

Booksmart is one of my favorite films. Seen it many times. A powerful directorial debut from Olivia Wilde. So many laughs, cries, and happy cries. I want a friendship just like Kaitlyn and Beanie’s in the movie. It is very pro LGBTQ+. And I was so happy to see that though Beanie is hetero in the movie, she is currently dating a fellow lady IRL :blush:

I previously hosted a Watch Party for Booksmart and would gladly watch it again ITT if you want company.

It’s pretty good. A bit formulaic, but worth watching.

Is this movie any good? Imma gonna get baked and watch a movie tonight and I see this is on Netflix.

Other “on Netflix” recommendations happily accepted as well.

Scott Pilgrim is good :+1:

What emotion do you want to experience?

Post-coital?

1 Like

Seems like I could always go so many ways on these movie nights, but I guess Scott Pilgrim got my attention because it looks funny. I think I’m in the mood for that after watching Inglorious Basterds the other night.

Supermarket Sweep if you’re super baked.

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec. I think I’d have to be in a pretty special place for that one but I’ll put it on my list so I’m ready for that occasion.

Scott Pilgrim just seems like a movie that tries way too hard.

Everyone says they like it.

Thinking for a minute.

I will of course mention one that’s NOT funny but shocked me how good it was. Rememory, starring Peter Dinklage/Tyrion.

Looking for a couple of funny reccs.

I thought Booksmart was beyond terrible and I turned it off midway through. Had heard other people also say positive things and it still bewilders me. It’s bad.

Wtf? Beyond perfection for me.

Looks promising, added to list.

1 Like

I agree with Danny McBride when he said “I guess if Michael Cera’s gone its not a total loss.”

1 Like

Well, as my late mother would have said “That’s what makes the world go round.”

I kind of know the skater chick I assume one of the main characters ends up with. She works at a skate/surf shop in the Valley, my son is a skater and we go there all the time. She’s always been beyond nice to him, she’s a good one.

1 Like