Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

We start at exactly at the specified time

This way if you start late or have to pause, you can easily re-sync simply by matching the playback to how much time has elapsed since the scheduled start time

It’s amazing! Moving from the cabin to house feels so good.
Showers! A kitchen! Running water! Internet!

3 Likes

French press. Sometimes I drink my coffee black. Occasionally, I’ll use it for cafe au lait.

I’ve been trying to look for the setup to make Vietnamese coffee at home. I suspect I’ll have to go to Little Hanoi (Sapa) for that though.

1 Like

What goes into making Vietnamese coffee? I’ve ordered it plenty of times with enough caffeine and condensed milk to keep me jazzed for a week. Never made it myself.

The key is the beans. How you make it also depends on whether you get it iced or hot. I’ve never made the former.

While most coffee drunk around the world uses arabica beans, Vietnamese coffee uses robusta beans. They’re darker and stronger. You put a bit of the sweetened condensed milk at the bottom of the cup. Then you put the brewer on top of the cup with a tiny filter separating the ground up coffee from it. The setup looks like this:

You slowly pour hot water into the brewer and put the top back on when it’s full. It percolates through over time. When you get it at a cafe, it is rarely served already brewed. It’s often placed in front of you and it brews as you’re sitting down to make sure the coffee is at its best. Kind of cool to watch it drip through.

1 Like

We gotta pump those up.

1 Like

Incoming!!! Hype machine is hyping up.

I’m in because i’m just honestly amazed adam sandler could put up a good performance in anything. Want to see how this happened

He’s turned in several excellent dramatic performances, Willis

Welcome to the party!

Thanks. I will also probably stream this if anyone wants to stop by my stream. Just search my username on twitch.

I will definitely boot it up on side screen. What else do you stream?

OK, looking forward to a light-hearted Adam Sandler comedy after all the intense drama today.

2 Likes

giphy (24)

1 Like

10 mins

1 Like

Locked in

1 Like

Sixty seconds!

Gogogogogogogogogogo

1 Like

Hearthstone, rocket league

1 Like