Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

Yeah! You pick three and I’ll pick three and then we’ll narrow down?

Sounds like a plan!

1 Like

I’ll hide mine until you choose

Summary

the king of staten island
gladiator
the shining

Avoid the first one at all cost IMO. It’s legit bad.

LOL so we almost picked the same thing! I like your three.

I’ve been meaning to watch The King of Staten Island again. Very powerful and accurate portrayal of bipolar disorder (for some) for Pete Davidson’s character. Plus the writing and acting are incredible. The movie deserves every bit of acclaim and praise.

Gladiator and The Shining are unbeatable… But now I kinda want to watch Staten Island most of all. Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson delivered an incredible movie. I could live without that dum dum Bill Burr, but he’s not so bad, and he is often funny enough to make up for it. At least for an hour and a half :P

Interesting to hear your thoughts on Staten Island. I had the polar opposite reaction to it. I could not stand the main character. I wanted to kill him in every scene.

Rescheduled for tomorrow. Think we are watching a horror movie instead. Shrek 3 should do nicely.

1 Like

Whar banner?

Man, Shrek 3 is such a pile of garbage. Especially following the first 2 that are genuinely good movies.

Would anyone be interested in a watch party for The Power of the Dog on Friday night?

It just got nominated for 12 Oscars.

1 Like

Is it about dogs?

You know what, don’t tell me, I’m in

2 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

Sure.

1 Like

Something like a start at 8 or 9?

(Or maybe just split the difference and do 8:30)

Just making a decision to start at 8:30 Eastern (~11 hours from now).

Tagging everyone and a few more that might be interested:
@Trolly
@beetlejuice
@Bigoldnit
@RiskyFlush
@CanadaMatt3004
@Chuckleslovakian

3 Likes

There’s a jeopardy tournament finale 8-9 tonight

Wait until 9?

that’d be nice but i can start late. it’s an amazon buying it deal, right? or is it streaming somewhere free

netflix! nice

oh sick paul dano is in it. loved him in there will be blood. “i am a false prophet and god is a superstition!” i hope he says it in this one too

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any harm in waiting until 9.

1 Like