Moderation

Can’t you both just ignore each other?

You’d have to talk to him about it. I ignored him weeks ago. I’m literally letting him assassinate my character right now because I’m not the problem. The more people who realize who he is the better.

My fucking 9-year old knows not to use the “they started it” excuse. Holy shit.

7 Likes

Why does it matter who started it? Wil used to say the same thing and is arguably one of the worst posters in 22 history. You escalating things isn’t winning anything or making this place better. Maybe try not reacting to people calling you names on the internet?

3 Likes

He isn’t just arguing with and calling cuse and me names man. I literally went through a small sampling of his posting and he has done this with like half the forum. Go read the excerpts from the bailout thread I posted last night or the excerpts from one day of posting on exiled.
This has been going on forever. When it isn’t cuse or me or BS it will be someone else. It always has been.

1 Like

Go read nunn’s body of work. Point by point on my list:

He always accuses others of twisting his positions and mischaracterizing them to gaslight him. This is projection, he does this to others all the time. He’s accused several of us of rooting for death and suffering and wanting a stalemate that leads to no deal even as we repeatedly lay out how and why that’s not accurate. He pounds the lie over and over to try to make it accepted truth.

He refuses to own his track record, insists our accusations about it are untrue. This is gaslighting, we all know his track record.

Has he ever admitted he’s wrong?

How many of his posts are condescending? How often does he frame it as if his posting is a gift to the forum or as if he’s sharing some expert level insight and if only we could get on this level he’s on, we could understand his brilliance.

How often is he playing the victim? All the way back on Exiled he complained about the mods not punishing those who were attacking him, all while hurling worse attacks himself.

We attack him based on his positions and arguments, I haven’t seen anyone call him a monster, grotesque, gross, etc. He attacks us more ruthlessly.

His long rants are well known.

And here’s the thing: he’s really good at it, as evidenced by the results of the poll.

The problem seems to be that the abuse is confined to one thread where most people don’t see it.

It’s. Almost. Like. He’s. Already. (Self)Contained.

1 Like

It was me for a time in the old forum, until people asked me to stop and I did. I’m pretty sure I was one of the first ones. Cuse should probably stop as well, but I agree with most of what he’s said here.

After this result I’m definitely taking a different approach to how I post here.

1 Like

This got started from his posting in the Covid thread Sunday night? Which you guys all seem to love?

Bottom line for me is that I will always give a lot of latitude to a fellow weirdo who gets on people’s nerves sometimes, but also puts in a lot of work to contribute to the forum knowledge base or entertainment or w/e.

The worst imo is snarky one-liner a-holes who never really contribute anything but spend a lot of time trashing others contributions. Not saying anyone involved itt is like that - think SE too-cool-for-school trolls back in the day (who always got my goat).

Every village needs its weirdos, and a healthy village can absorb a lot of them imo.

4 Likes

That must have been a long time ago or I got used to skipping past it, because I don’t remember it.

Was that before he took time off from here?

It was Sunday night?

1 Like

I never asked for an apology. You said some stuff, I felt like it needed to be called out, so I did. We had it out, we moved on (I thought), I haven’t poked at you about it since. No need to be a dick. If you’d like to revisit the old argument, feel free to bump that thread. Clearly you still harbor some resentment about it.

lol ok. British Summer Time ftw.

Dude

4 Likes

I’ll repeat this little story I said yesterday:

Poster: Punch
Me: Post back in good faith
Me: Post back in good faith
Me: Stop misrepresenting my position
Poster: Punch lie repeat
Me: Punch

Mommy, he’s bullying me!

All continuing escalation is on the other side. The intent is to get me to snap. Don’t try to act like I snap back right away, that never happens. But if you believe these guys, good for you. They’re not here in good faith about me and never have been. And seriously, read the post Cuse wrote to me after I told him he didn’t exist anymore to me. It’s on full display here. It was vile and this site let it go on by like it was nothing.

2 Likes

Not at all. This impression predates that by a long, long way.

This very thread has unmistakable echoes of your campaign to get NBZ banned.

1 Like

I’m just responding to this because I think it’s important that nobody in this context feels allied against more than is true. The poll is specifically about containment as a consequence in this specific context, not about whether people agree with Nunn. Votes against are not against you. Just against containment.

1 Like

I’m torn on this.

On the one hand, I think if nun wants to post here he should be welcome to, and containment threads are pretty condescending/insulting to an adult. This year has sucked, and we’re a community that largely supports each other in between arguing about politics, and nun should be able to participate in those arguments and receive that support.

On the other hand, how he treats various posters here is a real problem. Like, I think the underlying assumption behind the calls to “just ignore him” is that he isn’t actually harming people with what he posts. That it doesn’t cause real world harm when he is insulting someone’s character, their reputation among the community, their profession, etc. I hope that is the case and that cuse and Wichita and whoever else are letting it roll of their back and are doing just fine. But maybe they’re not, and really they shouldn’t have to come here and tell us that something like “you are a non entity in this community who nobody responds to” genuinely hurt their feelings in order for the community to take action.

10 Likes

You realize people can read what actually happened right? This is just so so far from reality.

This all got started when you posted an old STAT article about the IMHE model. I replied back stating we had discussed that at length, while you were gone, back in March/April. You then responded with:

“What the hell does that have to do with what I posted? I was one of the people talking about how IHME is a joke way back then. It’s an article from April saying we would be down to zero deaths at the beginning of June. This was your last warning. You’re about to be on ignore with even one more of these crappy ‘dunk’ attempts.”

and followed it up by calling me and cuse humorless goons after I tried to clarify I was not giving you a hard time…

2 Likes