Moderation

Which of these responses makes more sense?

“Should nunnnehi be contained in a containment thread?”

“No, he should be limited to the containment thread and the Covid thread.”
“Yes, I think he should be limited to the containment thread and the Covid thread.”

Answering yes is just bad reading comprehension.

The rest of us are rapists and drug dealers.

1 Like

I don’t think nunnehi needs to be contained or ignored.

5 Likes

If your ranked choices are:

Covid+continainment
containment
status quo

Then you should vote yes right?

1 Like

For sure. We should definitely tolerate abusive posting because we can just ignore it. I’m going to go out on a limb and say several of you haven’t read the thread and are making some assumptions about what the complaints even are.

2 Likes

I voted W in 2000 so what do I know

1 Like

I think 1.5+ years of demonstrably terrible posting with tons of receipts to prove it is enough to make a decision without having a code of conduct to point to when we do something about it. I don’t need the solution to this particular problem to include a crappy precedent that gets used to either defend the same sort of behavior in the future or punish people way less bad than nunn.

2 Likes

Victim blaming makes you look pretty bad fwiw.

That is an interesting read of what has happened here. My literal argument is that we shouldn’t be allowed to be consistently abusive with personal attacks towards other posters. Something nun has demonstrably and undeniably been guilty of. I posted the receipts. And somehow that makes me a bully.

1 Like

Holy shit you guys.

Nunn occasionally has some very useful things to say (e.g., re: COVID), but obviously struggles to let things go. Perhaps we should stop giving him new things to hold onto.

Cuse’s righteous vendetta, as well-intentioned as it is, has gone on way too long and propagated this fight into multiple threads where it previously didn’t exist.

I see two people who care deeply about being seen as “right.” But the longer this goes on, the more I am convinced that you are both in the wrong. Sometimes it is a virtue to just make your point and then move forward in life.

19 Likes

I voted yes because nunnehi is one of the few people I’ve ever felt the need to block, but it is still annoying to see how a thread can be derailed just reading the replies.

1 Like

Nunnehi does great work in one thread so ignore his shit posting in every single other thread? C’mon now.

It’s a long way off being in every single other thread (I haven’t even noticed it or have scrolled past it), and it’'s this sort of obvious hyperbole that has derailed your campaign against him.

2 Likes

This right here. I started this because I have Nunn on ignore and it’s not enough to stop him from impacting my experience of the site.

Initially I thought the same thing a lot of you are thinking ‘I really wish that these good posters would just put him in ignore and stop responding to him…’ but since they obviously can’t I’m not going to take the side of a guy who content wise is barely better than steelhouse from 2p2. He should go find somewhere else to degrade IMO.

1 Like

Imagine the lack of self-awareness a person like BS must have to post the way he does in this thread. What he thinks of me is exactly what I think of him. He’s a malignancy who has said some of the most offensive things this forum has ever had written.

He has a worldview.

I have a worldview.

They will never align. I would never call for him to be banned or contained, even though I think his worldview is laughable. The fact that he’s sitting in this thread acting like he’s a good person when he’s made numerous posts talking about how he ‘enjoys’ crushing people who f with him is a special form of delicious. And remember, this guy has told me numerous times how he has me on ignore.

Again, my character has been ruthlessly attacked in this thread, and whatever the ignored posters are saying is a straight up character assassination based on lies. Even though I haven’t read any of it from the ignored posters, it’s probably close to a guarantee all context has been completely removed from anything they’re using to smear me.

Let’s get one fact very straight here. I have not made a single post to ignored Cuse in over 2 weeks. Yet I’m the subject of a debate about my ‘bad’ behavior of ‘ruining’ threads today. This is very par for the course and all the usual suspect h8rz are at the forefront of smearing who I am. No one on this site should be okay with this.

Oh, and microbet, thinking I’m thin-skinned or fragile is one of the most lol things I’ve ever seen. You need to get your read meter checked.

5 Likes

lol if you have him on ignore and your experience of the site is still diminished, guess why that is?

5 Likes

Obvious hyperbole is obvious hyperbole, not an attempt to actually say he’s doing it in literally every thread. Nobody is being dishonest here.

Cuse is trying to murder my point of view. He doesn’t care if his point of view is murdered in the process. Think of it in those terms. I’m not even interacting with this guy, but somehow people think I am. Why do you think that is?

If people lie enough, the lie will take hold.

You guys voted for more of this. Enjoy the posts filled with dishonesty and personal attacks I guess. Why you guys like it and think it is ok is beyond me. Literally his own posts that refute most of this are screenshotted or quoted in this very thread. Anyone voting for more of this has essentially endorsed it. Emboldened nunn. Can’t wait.

4 Likes

I haven’t noticed it so didn’t vote for more of anything. If it starts creeping into areas where it “impacts my experience of the site” he will join my ignore list which seems to work quite well, and hope that no one keeps rowing and @-ing him from threads I enjoy.