Moderation

Only users at TL3 can edit other peoples’ thread titles. The trust levels are set by an algorithm.

1 Like

I think this is it. I see the pen for the handful of topics I checked outside of FBBV but not inside it.

Dunno, you’re the OP of the fat thread too. As others have said, it’s probably because the BBV category has special restrictions on it.

You have started five other topics in Sundry Chit-Chat. Which of them are you unable to edit the title of?

Try:

It makes no sense that you can’t do that.

I’m able to edit any of my posts in your blog thread:

1 Like

That’s my thread :grin:

1 Like

OK, I’ve figured it out, I think. You are at TL2, which means that you can only edit your posts up to 30 days after they are posted. My guess is that you can only edit the title of your thread for the first month after it is posted unless you reach TL3.

I promise I’m listening, but this is too vague for me to understand. What do you mean by leftist? What does this have to do with moderating or not moderating someone? Thank you for any clarification you’re willing and able to provide.

Someone that Clovis would put in the purity party.

I believe the mods of this forum should represent the makeup of this forum. As of now we do not have a mod truly on the left imo. The mods we do have do a great job from what I can tell. I feel like it would be best if we added one more to the roster.

Okay I think I’ve hit “view hidden post” enough that I’m caught up at least on the VP stuff surrounding him.

This is not to you, just a general rehash of my position.

Users are the first line of moderation. They utilize this power by selecting the ignore function.

I encourage everyone to try it out. Hit ignore. Say no to arguing with the people you want moderated. If that doesn’t help, Greg’s PMs are open.

???

That’s your definition of a leftist? Am I being trolled?

That’s my definition of the type of poster I would like representing the left as a mod on this forum.

What kind of poster would Clovis put in the purity party? I really don’t think I’m being unreasonable in requesting the bare details of your own request. Unless I’m obtuse and you’re actually trolling Clovis. Otherwise I must not understand what you’re trying to accomplish.

I’m trying to get representation for my people on the left.

Someone that views UHC as a right that should not be incrementally worked towards.

Are the current mods preventing “your people” from expressing their viewpoints? I don’t see why it matters what opinions the mods personally hold as long as they are modding all users consistently and fairly.

I’m not opposed to more mods if they are needed. But I am opposed to choosing them based on anything other than demonstrating the ability to be fair and level headed.

8 Likes

I understand your goal. Thank you.

Thank you also for this one aspect. You want a moderator that views UHC as a right. Could you offer two or three more traits you’re looking for? Do you include methods of thinking? Negotiation? Is this merely a purity test whether you want the same things, regardless of whether the proponents then use right-wing methods to form those conclusions and achieve those goals?

How do you know the political beliefs of the current moderators?

A ‘pick on Clovis containment thread’ might be good too

Clovis absolutely started it in that thread. And has been as abusive as anyone.

2 Likes

He tried to page people to insult itt.

3 Likes

Please cite? It started by me pointing to a tweet by the BLM advocate who was making the same point I had made many times. I didn’t even @ them. I was then told I was too rich, educated or Canadian to have an opinion. I’ve insulted nobody other then saying team purity.